19 Posts
Honda CBR1000RR8 Motorcycles

Date: 18/07/2008

Supplier Name: Honda Australia MPE Pty Ltd

Product Make: Honda

Product Model: CBR1000RR8 motorcycle

Target Number: 482

Model Years From: 2008

Consequences: If the clamp should loosen or break, scalding engine coolant could burn the rider's leg.

Campaign Number:

VIN Range: JH2SC59U*8M000001 to JH2SC59U*8M000395. JH2SC59U*8K020001 to JH2SC59U*8K020145.

Serial Range:

Product Info:

Defect Details: The coolant hose clamp fitted to the coolant pump outlet may break due to engine vibration.

Consumer action: Honda MPE will write to owners of all affected vehicles. Telephone the free-call dealer locator service on 1300 146 632. This service will connect you directly to your nearest authorised Honda motorcylce dealer.

Market Coverage: National

Recall Coverage: National

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello , my fireblade 2008 after 6000 km i m=notice thas was missing paraflue and the indicator for the liquid was alert i replenish the liquid but after 2 days a noice heard from the engine . i took it to theenginner and he told me that the machine went off . they told me tha they will replace only the faulty units . i asked to replace tha all engine nto to say the all bike .

·
Registered
263 Posts
hello , my fireblade 2008 after 6000 km i m=notice thas was missing paraflue and the indicator for the liquid was alert i replenish the liquid but after 2 days a noice heard from the engine . i took it to theenginner and he told me that the machine went off . they told me tha they will replace only the faulty units . i asked to replace tha all engine nto to say the all bike .
Nope cant say i got that:confused:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yep I got that letter a while back, hose has been replaced. My bike is a B/W model registered last feb, so I guess its an early model. Nealy 9 months on in more or less constant rain and no probs, finish holding up nicely too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If your worried you hadn't got the letter, and your unsure if your bikes in that range or not, just pop into the dealer (or call them), with your chassis number and they can put it in the system, then get find out what recalls are outstanding.

You can do this with any bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
dont know if this thread should include the recall notice i received today. "cbr1000rr clutch inner pud" did anyone else receive it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have not recived any of these letter from honda yet, i bought my bike the first week they came out. when did you buy you bike with the recall for the clutch

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yep, I got the clutch recall letter yesterday. Honda of America is also sending a mechanic to determine why it's burning oil like crazy...2 qts. in 800 miles!
I'm being told they're likely going to replace my engine.

to be continued...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just received the same letter. I didn't realize that 08 CBR1K had inner clutch problem. Does anyone have any details on what the problem is? Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have not recived any of these letter from honda yet, i bought my bike the first week they came out. when did you buy you bike with the recall for the clutch
rode it home in august. this is my first experience with this type of thing. it is playing on my mind a bit. the clutch feels pretty good in action. a little clunky from neutral to first, but now every time i shift i am wondering is it supposed to be like this?:eek:

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
rode it home in august. this is my first experience with this type of thing. it is playing on my mind a bit. the clutch feels pretty good in action. a little clunky from neutral to first, but now every time i shift i am wondering is it supposed to be like this?:eek:
It does that from neutral to first so dont worry about that bit, looks like the clutch problem is an American thing as none have suffered here "yet" fingers crossed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I also received the letter, took the bike to authorized servce and they replaced the part.

would also like to ask following questions regarding the 08 1000rr.

On the bike there are two ventilation fans,
Does any one know when the left one starts?

Also noted that on the black painted surface of the Exhaust pipe has slightely deformed and changed color.

Has any body noticed above symptoms.

Thanks.

21 - 40 of 162 Posts