Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 100 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
my bike is going in for the clutch job soon,i'll speak to yhem about the clutch ring from the old assembly,i'll see what they say.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got my recall letter and have booked it in for the end of the month as it was due for the service then anyway, a complete clutch kit is being fitted by Honda at Tamworth also having the exhaust looked at due to the paint going white and flaking off, I have being told they take a pic and send it off to Honda and wait for the out come.

·
Registered
76 Posts
thats right andy.r1. It takes about 7-14 days to get a reply. I've had my exhaust changed once already, but its already started going white again. Going to be having words on friday morning when it goes in for clutch replacement.:thumbd:

·
Registered
55 Posts
my zorst was white when i got my bike,but i painted it with heat resistant paint.i had a look on the underneath and the zorst is rusty.i'll mention this to the dealer see what happens.anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honda have replaced the exhaust at 2200 miles, 3weeks ago, I've now covered another 500 miles, including a 160 mile stright run, with some rain, on the new exhaust, with no discolouration - so far.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well I had my clutch and exhaust done on tuesday, I have only done about 100 miles since but at the moment all seems well with the clutch, so here's hoping they have replaced the washer mentioned by Red08.

·
Registered
21 Posts
my zorst was white when i got my bike,but i painted it with heat resistant paint.i had a look on the underneath and the zorst is rusty.i'll mention this to the dealer see what happens.anyone else had this problem.
mines being replaced because of rust on welded sections and paint flaking off underneath,clutch due to be replaced also

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm p***ed off.:pissed: Bike went in today for clutch recall and heat sheild replacement...plus a couple of other small problems. Got on bike, on forecourt and as soon as i put it in gear it didn't feel right. Clutch lever travels out almost all the way before any bite. Didn't even take it out on the road and told them its buggered. I mentioned when i dropped it off about this washer, but they said they had changed a few already with no problems....don't suppose they would have said otherwise if they had....Also photos taken of exhaust again...second that has gone white.:mad:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Update..... Dealer has checked clutch and says it is installed to warranty instructions and is complete, but at least they do admit it isn't right.....and technician who took bike for test ride and said it was ok is now in the s**t.
Nothing more they can do until tueday until they speak to honda, even though i tried to explain about this washer that needs to be carried over from old clutch. Bank Holiday......great weather......and wheres my bike:crying:

Got a courtesy bike though.....SUZUKI INTRUDER VZ 800!! :rant:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Like you said at least there admitting there's a problem, and at least you got a 800 all be it a custom I only got a cbf 125 as a courtesy bike when mine was in, plus it had L plates and crash bars on it. :(
L plates and crash bars....that is harsh......although they did offer me a twist n go instead, but with full leathers i think not. :loony:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Exactly I was wearing my 1pce leathers at the time, :D oh well I bet I made some peoples day seeing a guy in full leathers, tinted visor on a 125 with L plates and crash bars. :D

The worst bit was on an A road going home everybody was doing 50 so I pulled out to overtake thinking it had a bit left in it and it just stopped, there was no way I was going past so I pulled back in behind the traffic, :( I guess with that small amount of power my excess bulk was busy too much for it. :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Right then....all that receive future clutch recall.
Dealer phoned honda this morning and they were told to remove replacement parts and then to reinstall them....no mention of this washer. I phoned while they were in the process of doing this and luckily the chap there listened to me about the washer, although he couldn't find anything on the internet about it. Dealer then phoned honda again and were told there had been a update on the installation, but they have not sent this out to the dealers yet....T**TS.
Anyway it is being sorted now and should have bike back tomorrow and i have given them a copy of the info from this forum. Thanks to all for your help and to those who have yet to have your clutch recall, take these details with you when you drop off the bike and before they start, insist that they check their instructions for updates.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi mish, i took it to fowlers in bristol and to be completely honest they have been very good. Got bike back today and it seems fine although it took them another 4 attempts to get it working right. its not the first clutch recall they've done but no previous customers have mentioned any problems...whether thats because they haven't had a problem or whether they just accept thats the way it is meant to be, they don't know.
It seems the problem is with Honda not informing the dealers of the issue or the solution to resolve it. Anyhow after 4 attempts and many calls and visits to Honda technical website, Fowlers have managed to sort it and at least now they know for future recalls. What I would suggest is printing details from this forum, if your going to another dealer, and making them aware of the issue and if need be, get them to phone Fowlers in bristol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can I ask did they mark your frame to show that the recall had deen done? It looks like a centre pop mark above or below the frame number on the headstock down tube. I have been told if you have had the coolant pipe and clutch done you will have two centre pop marks. I checked this against another 09 blade at the weekend and it seems to be true.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No problems mate, I may have named it incorrectly myself (someone will correct me if I have:asshat: ) Look below your right handlebar at the frame in front of the tank. There is a number stamped along the vertical tube. If you struggle to find it the location is shown in your manual (frame serial number I think it is called)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep there is a small dot there. Can't say if it was there before they did the recall. Is there anyone out there who hasn't had any recalls yet, have you got any marks?

81 - 100 of 162 Posts