Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photos of an all new Honda CBR1000 RR Fireblade for 2008? - Reading some online and offline speculation about an all model for next year one thing is for sure, things are going to change for the Honda CBR 1000 in 2008. After doing some searching around I can't find anything official. Does anyone care to speculate on what changes should or will take place on the 2008 fireblade?

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I agree, definately not going to do that to mine. I do like some of these motogp style exhaust systems on the newer bike but all the aftermarket ones look bad and are extremely loud.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Yeah that has to be a bad Photoshop job.

Honda needs to get away from underseat exhaust systems.. nothing good about them.. they add an extra 2 feet of exhaust piping and serve only to heat up the riders back side.

You know you gotta expect Honda IS going to follow yamaha's design of the small side exhaust can. It's an effective way to drop weight and clean up the bikes' overall appearance.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drops the centre of gravity also... I started this thread after reading a 1000CC shootout that put the Honda in 3rd behind the GSXR and R1 - I thought there might be some ideas on what Honda will do with the new model to make up ground..

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
yeah, come to think of it the CB and CBR Line were always inline engines.

I think a V-4 would make for an expensive bike imo.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just heard some "unofficial" comment at the Honda dealership about the new Fireblade bieng a V4 - It might be so.

·
Banned
694 Posts
The undertail exhaust on that 929 would look a lot better if they stopped the pipes before the tail light. The main reason I don't like the undertail exhaust is lack of trunk. If the photoshopped picture is somewwhat how the Fireblade looks in 08 and has a trunk, sign me up. I ride on the streets and will not get rid of my 929 because of the trunk, It is fast enough, the trunk is very usefull for an extra jacket, rain caot, six pack, food, hell I've used it for everything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know... I'm set on buying an 08 CBR 1000 and I'm not sold on the idea that a v4 would be the way to go... I love the scream of the inline 4. Don't the moto gp v5 (800cc v4 for 2007) sound closer to the big moto gp v twins like the ducati???? Anyone heard motogp in person????

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I haven't heard the new 800cc bikes yet (next week Donington :) ), but I've heard the 990cc bikes a few times. What you hear on TV in no way prepares you for the incredible sound they make. A really deep drone, but with a bark too. Very, very loud, deafeningly so, even from 100 metres away. The closest comparison I could give you is something like a big heavy bomber, Avro Lancaster (4 x V12 Merlins) or a Superfortress or something. No whine or scream, just a deep growl. If they could bottle the sound, they'd make a fortune.

Turn up your speakers to #11 and this will give you some idea, Ducati V4 990cc Desmosedici:

http://www.ducati.com/docs_eng/photogallery_races/images/sounds/0304mgpstart/desmosedici_start.mp3

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The undertail exhaust on that 929 would look a lot better if they stopped the pipes before the tail light. The main reason I don't like the undertail exhaust is lack of trunk. If the photoshopped picture is somewwhat how the Fireblade looks in 08 and has a trunk, sign me up. I ride on the streets and will not get rid of my 929 because of the trunk, It is fast enough, the trunk is very usefull for an extra jacket, rain caot, six pack, food, hell I've used it for everything.
I think the Aprillia split system on the 4.5 and 5.5 looks very mean. :thumb: Not sure how it would look on a big sports bike but it works on the motard - nice and compact.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 597 Posts