Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 597 Posts

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
i am sure it will sell, but it just will not have the cbr designator any more. it would apeal more toward the guys who race i would think

·
Registered
18 Posts
Perhaps the new Euro 3 pollution regs are forcing the makers to go for GP pipes as the new catalytic converters are cooking the underseat area?
Just a thought.
:huh:

The GSXR1000 has dual GP pipes and a big under engine cat to cope with new regs. Note, that the fairing is cut away around this cat so it doesn't cook.

FWIW My personal pref is for GP style (advantages of undertail but also advantages of conventional set-up).

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't heard the new 800cc bikes yet (next week Donington :) ), but I've heard the 990cc bikes a few times. What you hear on TV in no way prepares you for the incredible sound they make. A really deep drone, but with a bark too. Very, very loud, deafeningly so, even from 100 metres away. The closest comparison I could give you is something like a big heavy bomber, Avro Lancaster (4 x V12 Merlins) or a Superfortress or something. No whine or scream, just a deep growl. If they could bottle the sound, they'd make a fortune.

Turn up your speakers to #11 and this will give you some idea, Ducati V4 990cc Desmosedici:

http://www.ducati.com/docs_eng/photogallery_races/images/sounds/0304mgpstart/desmosedici_start.mp3
The 800's are more screamers than the 990's..with the exception of the Yam which still has a deeper note.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
V4 Fireblade

Judging by the amount of search hits I am seeing on one of my blogs for the term "v4 fireblade" it's more than just a whisper. :cool:

Will they go with traction and launch control like the high end sports cars?

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Tests How did they rate the GSXR 1000 to the Cbr1000 in terms of horsepower? Cause the Cbr has a lower rate of compression. Does the CBR make up for the compression loss somewhere else?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
There is a new CBR 1000RR for 2008... patents have been submitted for a road-going chassis based upon the RC211V MotoGP bike and a road version of the V5 engine. The new flagship honda being the new CBR1000RR will sport a V4 engine with motoGP technology and a limited edition production run with the V5 engine. The new CBR1000RR will also be homologated as a WSBK racer....
Just found this on another thread, don't know how much is fact or fiction..

·
Registered
65 Posts
damn i wish there was more info. Im actually saving up for a 2008 model, but if it turns out not so well, then i might get something else. All this TCS and ABS and V4 is good, but wouldnt that rocket up the price?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah that has to be a bad Photoshop job.

Honda needs to get away from underseat exhaust systems.. nothing good about them.. they add an extra 2 feet of exhaust piping and serve only to heat up the riders back side.

You know you gotta expect Honda IS going to follow yamaha's design of the small side exhaust can. It's an effective way to drop weight and clean up the bikes' overall appearance.
Don't care-it's still butt ugly! And what are you really gaining in weight savings-2 or 3 pounds? Don't see it making that nuch difference. Lower center of gravity? Guess that's true, but again-in real world terms-is the average rider going to notice?:idunno:

·
Registered
41 Posts
all I'm worried about is the trunk. I would hate to get rid of my 954 just for lack of any trunk what so ever. I hope the new blade doesn't have the undertail and a V-4 would be icing on the cake.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Artist rendition. Honda won’t go with Suzuki pipes.

To answer the question of the new site owner, it will be all new. So everything will get changed. Honda typically has a 4-year cycle with a makeover for the third year. The bike was new in 2004, the makeover in 2006. That means 2008 is all new.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Just found this on another thread, don't know how much is fact or fiction..
Fiction. You can’t patent a V5 engine. Honda was not the first to go with that configuration. You can patent technology that is in it though. They won’t go with a V4 either. It will be cost prohibitive and add weight. It will continue to be an inline-4. I’m sure it will have some MotoGP technology in it like previous versions have.

21 - 40 of 597 Posts