Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 100 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I was told by some people who should know what there talking about.. Not just dealership people who work there. These people where involved with HRC. Which they happen to own the dealership too.. Doesnt mean there right either I know.. All im saying is when I showed them the pic that .Orgowner posted they told me that was the 081KRR.. Also I know the placement of the pipe has nothing to do with hp but i bet the 08 setup is lighter than the undertail one..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ever read "Roadracing World" magazine? They have a very interesting shootout between all the 1k'er manufacturers. According to them, the Zook takes top honors for highest HP and "overall user friendliness" on the track. Yamaha takes top honors for overall track rideability (3 out of 4 riders got their fastest lap on the R1 - I really don't know what that is supposed to mean). The Kwak took top honors for 2nd most HP and the most HP feel. However, they scored way low for handling (apparently the front end plows easily). Honda got top honors for handling. They said that the RR handles better than anything out there, and has for years. Problem is, its been a few years. I believe that Honda has a golden opportunity to really stomp the sh#! out of the others for 2008. In my very unprofessional opinion... if they give the 08 RR a few more horses (anywhere in the 160's) and keep or better the handling that they have become famous for... its gonna be a really fun year in Latigo Canyon on my new 08 RR! BTW... the magazine stated that professional track riders performed the rides/reviews and, according to them, for the average rider the differences are so subtle that you cannot go wrong with any of the bikes... excepting the Kwak's front end push... apparently that can lead to problems even for the average canyon rider (such as myself).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guess we'll just have to wait for the Paris motor show which will be held from the 29-th of September till 7-th October! It has been rumored that the new 1000RR will be featured there! CAN'T WAIT!!
:smilierr:

·
Registered
334 Posts
if that truely is the new fireblade Honda really ****ed it up, because that thing looks nasty. tiny headlights, chromed plastic, yuk!

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
what do u mean got it wrong with the 07 600RR.. That bike just got bike of the year in one publication.. As far as I know in every bike shoot out its finished #1... Its an animal from what I have read...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Could the 2008 Fireblade be the last CBR1000RR, before an all-new RVF1000 takes over?!
Solomoto even say that the current Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade may give way to an all-new RVF1000 by 2009! Instead of the Fireblade’s inline-four, the RVF1000 will use a 200bhp, 1000cc V4 and styling would mirror Honda’s MotoGP bikes. Should be worth waiting for!!​

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Babba Tadeo was the engineer who first sought to decrease the weight of the motorcycle while other manufacturers were increasing it along with displacement. His design aim was to create the fastest handling lightest weght litre class displacement bike on the market. At one point in time the Gixxer 1100 weighed in somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 pounds. A friend of mine used to ride one and that was his greatest complaint about it.

Babba did not design the 1000 and the additional 46cc displacement actually came with a signifigant weight increase. The 1000's are are actually quite portly in comparison to the 954.

I hope Honda returns to it's aim of having the best handling big bore bike with the 2008 superbike roll out.
It's Tadao Baba, and he is called Babasan. Get it right ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
what do u mean got it wrong with the 07 600RR.. That bike just got bike of the year in one publication.. As far as I know in every bike shoot out its finished #1... Its an animal from what I have read...
:rotfl:you got me all wrong!! The picture that is in the link you provided earlier is the old 600RR!
Honda Announces 2007 Powersports Models at Dealer Convention in Las Vegas

I was referring to this! :) Otherwise I totally agree about the 600 being a beast and one of the best 600cc bikes ever! :evilaugh:
C YA! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys ( i work in a honda dealership in australia ) the word over here from is it will look very similar to what the 600rr has gone to . but the photo thats getting around at the mo is a not so bad photo shop rendition ... if you look close the rear tail light set up is of the 07 R6 the pipe set up is borrowed of the suzuki's and the front is a very well placed 600rr front

as for slipper clutches honda rumours they are going to be running the same set up as the 600rr as well ... ( they run a 'flapper valve' the setup reduces engine braking compression to produce a similar effect as a slipper clutch and wieghs a heap less.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the "photo shopped" pic looks pretty good. As far as the undertail exhaust goes, i liked the look but it is discoloring my tail light and i think it makes my cloths smell more like exhaust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I read the article in Motoclicsmo where the photo of the white CBR1000RR originated and the author states it is a photomontage by Jean Marie Guerin. It looks great and if the suggestions of its new for '08 features are true I will soon have a replacement for the Super Hawk in the garage now.

81 - 100 of 597 Posts