Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 CBR100RR and the salesman said it had a factory stabilizer on it. I don't think it does because it doesn't seem to handle as well as the 2006 CBR1000RR that I owned. Does anyone know if it does or was I lied too?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Yes it does but it's concealed on the '08.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I assume that the salesman is telling you about the electronic steering damper under the tank, HESD.

I can't speak from experience, but judging by what others have said, I'm surprised that you think the bike doesn't handle well. Or doesn't handle as well as your 2006.

Most people, myself included, tend to find that they handle like they are on rails.

Are your tyre pressures ok ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the replys. Yeah the tire pressures ok it's probly just me. I bought the bike and 3 days later I moved to AK. I haven't really spent a whole lotta time on the bike so it's probly just "the new bike feel" thats throwing me off.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I bought a 2008 CBR100RR and the salesman said it had a factory stabilizer on it. I don't think it does because it doesn't seem to handle as well as the 2006 CBR1000RR that I owned. Does anyone know if it does or was I lied too?
HESD is on all 1000RR's from the factory. The HESD does not directly aide in handling at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts