Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

61 - 80 of 912 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Alright Stu.......how's it going mate ??

Popped in to my delaer this morning to get some paddock stand bobbins. On the shelf sitting there.....an R&G tail tidy !!

So I had to buy it and give myself a project for one night in the week with my buddy.

I had a chat to one of the techs, who was fitting one to another Blade funnily enough, and he said to be careful with the tail section as the clips are quite flimsy. He said it's a bit of a pain to fit, but a good piece of kit. I told him a number of you guys have fitted them without problem so I would have a go myself. The dealer charges one and a half hours labour to fit it, £75 !!

Hence I am going to order a smaller number plate and do it myself.

Wish me luck, I'm bound to break something :O

·
Registered
399 Posts
Good luck bud,i bet that you learn a few more choice anglo saxon words during the fitting today but its def worth it.I want to do the rear pegs mod next but have been a bit put off by the process.After that an Arrow full system,pipercross filter and custom Crescent Suzuki power commander fueling map and that will then be time to rock and roll me thinks.

Dont forget to post your pics after its all done.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Cheers mate. I was a bit nervous bending the rear cowl off, but I didn't mind messing for a couple of hours, especially when I saved $150 in labor charge from the dealership.

Sorry to read about your spill. Glad everything's ok mate.

After I installed the tail tidy, I took the feelers off the bottom of the pegs.:hmm:

Just need my number plate to come in the next day or two and I am ready to go. Forecast for the end of the week/weekend is dry and 16C. Gonna pop in the delaer to get them to adjust my chain, stretched quite a bit after only 250 miles and I hate adjusting them. :thumbd:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Splatty,my bike has done about 300 miles and had to adjust my chain big time yesterday.

Bet your in the garage looking at your handy work as we speak...........

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Had a little peek last night to ensure the tidy hadn't fell off ;)

With the good forecast coming, I'm hoping to get towards the service time mileage on my bike by next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked my blk 1000rr up on the 10th trouble is I race quads and crashed on the 30th & broke my skull so i waited 10 days to ride it home in pain now it sits in my shop waiting. god i can't wait! I took my wife for a ride very slow but that is all. My son has a 600rr and he rode it and said my bike was retarded and I QUOTE "THERE IS NO REASON FOR ANYTHING TO GO THAT FAST THAT FAST" I said sweet! get one :thumb:

hi all
im new here.
i may be getting the limited edition black 1000rr, soon.
i like the looks of this new bike. i had a cbr600f4 and it looks about the same size.:cool: i can't wait to get back on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,
here is my blade -w/b- just stock :)
the bike is soooo incredible forward in therms of next generation
I am coming from k5 gsxr and r6 2007 ( both trax ) so I can say this is the most curve addicted bike.
we gott work a little on brakes and steering dumper, position and ....so.

best regards

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
nope
the bike is the longest ( 1098 ) on the market.
is an optical iluzion
:)
You are right mate.

I investigated all the litre bikes when everybody kept saying the bike was tiny. Take a look at the Blade, Gixxer,R1,ZX10 and you will find out that they are essentially all the same size with any difference being a couple of mm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally getting my bike to come together. I gotta shout out to Matt and the guys at HotBodies Racing. 2 weeks after getting my 08, a guy I work with hit it while it was in the parking lot. He broke the tail assembly, and I made a plea to HotBodies to get one of their new undertails as fast as I could. Matt and the guys there delivered my new tail last Friday. Other two mods are the Two Brothers s/o and the OEM seat cowl. Also debadged all around. The only reason the dog is laying there is because the bike isn't running. This thing is LOUD.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Finally getting my bike to come together. I gotta shout out to Matt and the guys at HotBodies Racing. 2 weeks after getting my 08, a guy I work with hit it while it was in the parking lot. He broke the tail assembly, and I made a plea to HotBodies to get one of their new undertails as fast as I could. Matt and the guys there delivered my new tail last Friday. Other two mods are the Two Brothers s/o and the OEM seat cowl. Also debadged all around. The only reason the dog is laying there is because the bike isn't running. This thing is LOUD.
put the sound on youtube.com, mate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Posting pics here wasn't working so great for me, so I made a myspace page to hold them if y'all wanna see more of the undertail or exhaust.

MySpace

The exhaust was a simple 1 hour install, but the undertail took a lot longer, mostly trying to figure out how to get the old one off. Only an hour to get the new one on and wires spliced after finally getting the old monstrosity off.

Hoping to get the PCIII and DNA filter installed in the next week (or two). I'm going to have a guy with a mobile dyno service create the map for me since I can't find any yet out on the internet. If it's OK with the dyno guy, I'll post the new map either here or on the powercommander.com web site.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hey Sugarhound, I haven't seen one of the yellow ones in person yet, is the yellow glossy or satin finish. You pic looks satin, but it might just be the pic.

61 - 80 of 912 Posts