Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,706 Posts
:eyebrows:interesting reading here.....:soapbox:now how many of you have taken one for a ride...if you can get it into 2nd to start with? then take the thing to your closest Dyno and have them run it.....be prepared to be shocked, very shocked:crap:. Im not going to quote spec's go see for yourself, beacause all Dyno's run slightly diff. but if you are comparing apples with apples on the same one then you will understand.

As most of you are Honda riders "As myself" dont expect a reinvention on the ride, if you want a great ride in the twisties...try an 08 Blade.
When you eventually get it back to the dealer again if you can get it into gear or outa 2nd park her in the sun then admire the beautifull way they have used different color oranges "or whatever color" to show of those fine lines, look a little closer...no I mean closer, yip dont scratch yourself on the bad finishes.

So next time your dealer says it crap...maybe listen and ask why.
As for the price, well in South African rands its R75 000.00 more than an 08 Blade, thats a Blade and a Half. I would rather spend the same money on a Finely crafted Italian machine.

As I mention guys dont sit and speculate, go ride, and come back to share your experiences with us Red Riders:smilierr:, dont spend your hard earned cash on a donkey that aint going to win races. Bikes are not an investment by no means.

Oh before I log off, if the first one dont change gear try a second one:rolleyes:

Im expecting to be flamed on this post - But what the hell throw it at me:bitchslap:
Austalian Motor Cycle News did a comparo and called it Australias Ultimate Sports Bike and the RC8 came in 7th out of the 7 bikes, Kwaka, Suzi, Honda, Yammy, MV Augusta, Ducati and KTM. They did'nt actually rag it but it just did'nt cut it with the rest. Although they did say that for a first attemp it was right up there. Maybe look out next year as KTM are super competitive and don't like to be outdone. By the way the 08 Blade won the comparo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
there is one bike you can "invest" in.. its pretty pricey.. but its the ducati desmocedeicci.. (not sure i spelled that right) pretty much the baddest sport bike available to the public.. more or less an exact replica of the moto-gp bike.. 16.5 in. wheels and all..

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Well I just got back from my local bike night and there was a rc8 there.Its not as nice as the pictures almost funky looking in a way.The front has gloss paint with flake in it but the rest of the bike seems to have a matte orange finish.The headlight looked pretty funky as well(looked like the mask from I know what you did last summer movie)Maybe i need to see it in day light to appreciate it.

The owner did say the bike had nice ergos and it handled well...

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I had the pleasure to take one for a test ride and I really enjoyed the ride. The only problem I noticed was the stability in turns. It was a little shaky but manageable.

The power is great, the engine supplies steady power in all areas.

I am sure KTM will work as hard on this bike as they do for their off-road machines. I believe they won several world championships in the past. Somehow the name Kinigartner (sp?) comes to mind.

My only handicap will be the price. I believe it will be beyond $17G.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.