Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever dreamt of owning your very own MotoGP bike. Well now you almost can, with the launch of a new Limited Edition GSX-R1000 MotoGP replica, only 135 of these will be available for the UK market and they are priced at £9950. In addition to the features offered by the standard 2008 GSX-R1000 you will also get the following features.

-Factory painted Rizla blue colour scheme.
-Official Rizla Suzuki MotoGP graphics.
-Twin Yoshimura GP Evo-II exhausts.
-An individually numbered top yoke plaque.
-A certificate of authenticity.
-A full Suzuki Paint Protection film kit.

Specifications

Engine capacity: 999cc
Engine: Four stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore: 73.4mm x 59mm
Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
Lubrication: Wet sump
Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorised)
Fuel system: Fuel injection
Starter: Electric
Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
Drive: Chain
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, spring preload fully adjustable, rebound and compression damping force fully adjustable
Rear suspension: Link type, oil damped, coil spring, spring preload fully adjustable, rebound and compression damping force fully adjustable
Front brakes: Disc brake, twin
Rear brakes: 1-piston caliper, 220mm disc
Front tyres: 120/70 ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless
Rear tyres: 190/50 ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless
Overall length: 2045mm (80.5in)
Overall width: 720mm (28.3in)
Overall height: 1130mm (44.5in)
Wheelbase: 1415mm (55.7in)
Seat height: 810mm (31.9in)
Dry Mass: 172kg (379.2lbs)
Fuel capacity: 18.0litres (4gallons)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I take it that it will be road legal?

Honda should do one - I would buy it :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
I saw that when i had my bike set up by them,they are also doing a very nice carbon jobbie with a very understated but beautiful paint scheme.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Wait, so is it gonna be a V4? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere in the specs....yeah, prolly not....sigh....

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
you guys get all the good ones across the pond!:rant:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I really like the look. I love the pipes. I just think that they should have done more than just pipes and paint on a standard GSX-R 1000. If they added a full engine kit, Ohlins suspension, and some lightweight bits it would be really cool. Make it something truly special. Something like the equivalent of a Ducati 1098R, take the standard bike, add 20HP, cut some weight and add trick suspension bits. Oh well, I guess that stuff is easy enough to add later.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Oh well, I guess that stuff is easy enough to add later.
They might actually be waiting for someone like yourself to do it?

Manufacturers are strange in a way... there is always room for a little improvement.

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you guys get all the good ones across the pond!:rant:
Well.. you could always buy one and have it shipped over.. and be the only guy in the US with one :thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I really like the look. I love the pipes. I just think that they should have done more than just pipes and paint on a standard GSX-R 1000. If they added a full engine kit, Ohlins suspension, and some lightweight bits it would be really cool. Make it something truly special. Something like the equivalent of a Ducati 1098R, take the standard bike, add 20HP, cut some weight and add trick suspension bits. Oh well, I guess that stuff is easy enough to add later.
oh ya add ohlins suspension and marchesini rims

jack up the price on that bike from 11, 500
to 16,500. make it an even 16,999.

special edition GSXR price

n sad thing
that bike will lose value quick
and the ducati will hold on to it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
honda should put akrapovic or arrow on next repsol and hrc edition. that way it would be more different then regular blade's not only by color scheme.

oh man. honda should hire me as some kind of manager because i have so brilliant ideas :rotfl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts