Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

2008 Suzuki GSX-R1000 MotoGP Replica - Photos And Specifications

14K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  low-rider 
#1 · (Edited)
Ever dreamt of owning your very own MotoGP bike. Well now you almost can, with the launch of a new Limited Edition GSX-R1000 MotoGP replica, only 135 of these will be available for the UK market and they are priced at £9950. In addition to the features offered by the standard 2008 GSX-R1000 you will also get the following features.

-Factory painted Rizla blue colour scheme.
-Official Rizla Suzuki MotoGP graphics.
-Twin Yoshimura GP Evo-II exhausts.
-An individually numbered top yoke plaque.
-A certificate of authenticity.
-A full Suzuki Paint Protection film kit.

Specifications

Engine capacity: 999cc
Engine: Four stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore: 73.4mm x 59mm
Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
Lubrication: Wet sump
Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorised)
Fuel system: Fuel injection
Starter: Electric
Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
Drive: Chain
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, spring preload fully adjustable, rebound and compression damping force fully adjustable
Rear suspension: Link type, oil damped, coil spring, spring preload fully adjustable, rebound and compression damping force fully adjustable
Front brakes: Disc brake, twin
Rear brakes: 1-piston caliper, 220mm disc
Front tyres: 120/70 ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless
Rear tyres: 190/50 ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless
Overall length: 2045mm (80.5in)
Overall width: 720mm (28.3in)
Overall height: 1130mm (44.5in)
Wheelbase: 1415mm (55.7in)
Seat height: 810mm (31.9in)
Dry Mass: 172kg (379.2lbs)
Fuel capacity: 18.0litres (4gallons)

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I really like the look. I love the pipes. I just think that they should have done more than just pipes and paint on a standard GSX-R 1000. If they added a full engine kit, Ohlins suspension, and some lightweight bits it would be really cool. Make it something truly special. Something like the equivalent of a Ducati 1098R, take the standard bike, add 20HP, cut some weight and add trick suspension bits. Oh well, I guess that stuff is easy enough to add later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.