Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum, I'm sure the answer is here somewhere but I can't find it!

Will a standard 2010 exhaust (Silencer, containing cat and valve) fit a 2009 model without any modifications? That is, will it attach to the 2009 downpipes, is the cable for the valve the same type of attachment, the lambda sensor compatible, the bottom fairings on both bikes the same? Or are there any other problems I haven't thought off?

My bikes 'light' spot is slowly getting worse and it bugs me. If a 2010 exhaust became avail at the right price I'd consider changing it. Which leads me onto the next question ...

How successful is the new improved 2010 model exhaust in terms of maintaining its appearance?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
AFAIK the exhaust, including fitment, is unchanged on 2008-2010 models.

The only difference is the raised shield on the 2010 bike, which is probably only there to mask any whitening that may happen underneath.

When I requested a warranty replacement, I got a 2009 exhaust for my 2008 bike. My dealer told me that the exhaust is the same through all the models, there was only light cosmetic and engine changes. All the fairings are the same, just with subtle graphics changes

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AFAIK the exhaust, including fitment, is unchanged on 2008-2010 models.

The only difference is the raised shield on the 2010 bike, which is probably only there to mask any whitening that may happen underneath.

When I requested a warranty replacement, I got a 2009 exhaust for my 2008 bike. My dealer told me that the exhaust is the same through all the models, there was only light cosmetic and engine changes. All the fairings are the same, just with subtle graphics changes
Thanks Splatty

The 08 & 09 models are the same so that should have been ok, did the 09 replacement exhaust whiten?

The 10 model does indeed have the raised shield, but as it still seems to sit flush with the bodywork I thought maybe the exhaust itself was different to the 08/09 models.

Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I've never fitted the new exhaust mate. I went aftermarket and have kept it in a box for when I change the bike.

It does still look flush with the shield, but I'm sure it's the same.

I'll ask my dealer next time I pop in to be sure :thumb:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Is the main change to the 08-to date model Fireblade fitment of ABS..pretty much :idunno:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Not really as it is still an option.

There was a minor engine change, flywheel I think, I'll have a look later.

The only changes were hangar, rear indicators. Cosmetic stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My memory..............:eek:

Bigger flywheels and a stronger crank with increased crankshaft inertia mass.

It is mentioned that the exhaust muffler is changed slightly, but it looks the same ?

Dealer question me thinks :thumb:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does anyone know if the heat shield on the 2010 onwards bikes is removable and can be fitted to a 2009, or is it all one piece with the exhaust?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know if the heat shield on the 2010 onwards bikes is removable and can be fitted to a 2009, or is it all one piece with the exhaust?
Don't you just love it when an old thread is resurrected :rotfl:

Its removable but can't be fitted to a 2008/9 model exhaust as there are no brackets attached to them.

The 2010 model exhaust has been a great success, no discolouration to spoil the bikes looks. I paid around £120 all in for a new/used one of ebay, might be worth a look?

<edit> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Cbr1000rr11-standard-exhaust-/320989902955?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4abc7d386b and there are a few more

1 - 12 of 12 Posts