Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a move aimed at the budget sports-tourer market and people moving up to a larger bike for the first time Aprilia have launched a faired version of the Shiver 750, the Shiver 750GT. The bike is, in genuine Aprilia style, an innovation in the market, a precise combination of versatility, sports handling and above all value. Aprilia have once again shown they can deliver not only what the market wants, but also include far more technological equipment than similar bikes from their competitors.

The new GT has a sports style fairing, which by adding aerodynamic protection makes the Shiver more of an all-round bike. The Shiver will meet all your needs from commuting on a daily basis to a weekend ride out on sunny days.

Not only does the new machine have all new looks due to a sports style half fairing, creating a new model in the GT, they have also included a mapping control system, which will optimise the bikes power delivery. This combined with the ride-by-wire acceleration system gives the rider the ability to choose between 3 power delivery modes. The normal mode is sport, with the engine running at maximum torque and power. Tour mode pegs back the responsiveness of the machine a bit and in rain mode the Shiver GT’s 60lb/ft of torque is reduced by about 25%. It’s been said that systems such as these are pretty redundant to the more experienced rider but they may sound more appealing to the rider moving up to their first bigger bike, a market Aprilia is aiming to increase its share of.

The new 90 V2 engine delivers 95 hp, in it’s class it’s the most powerful engine, but has a torque curve which makes it competitive with larger engined machines. The torque kicks in right from the lower end of the rev range and carries right on through to higher revs. The chassis, made of a composite of aluminium side members and steel trellis, is designed to work perfectly with the aluminium swingarm and upside down 43mm forks. The laterally mounted monoshock, which is adjustable, is yet another first class characteristic of the GT. Furthermore the bike is fitted with top class brakes. At the front there are 320mm discs and radial callipers and the ABS version has a 2-channel system that puts rider safety at the highest levels.

Features

• A brand new 90° V2 engine with four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft and liquid cooling
• Ride-by-wire electronic throttle technology with 3 different mappings (Sport, Touring and Rain)
• Electronic fuel injection with latest generation injectors
• Mixed gear and chain valve timing
• Modular steel trellis and aluminium side plate frame for high torsional rigidity
• Aluminium swingarm with reinforcement truss and lateral shock absorber
• 43 mm upside down fork
• Brakes with radial calliper at front
• Latest generation two channel ABS (ABS version only)

Specifications

Engine: Liquid cooled V90, four stroke, longitudinal 90°V twin, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Capacity: 749cc
Fuel: Unleaded petrol
Bore x stroke: 92 x 56.4 mm
Compression ratio: 11: 1
Maximum power at the crank: 95 HP at 9000 rpm
Maximum torque at the crank: 8.25 kgm at 7000 rpm
Fuel system: Integrated engine management system. Injection with Ride by Wire technology control of the throttle bodies and Tri-Map mapping setting
Ignition: Digital electronic, integrated with the injection
Starting: Electric
Exhaust: Two in one system in 100% stainless steel with three-way catalytic converter and Lambda probe
Generator: 450 W at 6000 rpm
Lubrication: Wet sump
Gearbox: six speed
Clutch Multi-plate in oil bath, hydraulically operated
Transmission Ratio: ° 36/14 (2.57) 2° 32/17 (1.88) 3° 30/20 (1.5) 4° 28/22 (1.27)
5° 23/26 (0.88)6° 24/25 (0.96)
Final drive: Chain
Frame: Modular steel trellis connected with high strength bolts to aluminium side plates. Detachable rear frame
Front suspension: 43 mm upside-down fork. 120 mm wheel travel.
Rear suspension: Aluminium alloy swingarm with reinforcement truss. Hydraulic shock absorber adjustable in spring preload and rebound damping. Wheel travel: 130 mm. Brakes Front: Double 320 mm stainless steel floating disc. Four piston radial callipers. Metal braided brake line.
Rear: 245 mm stainless steel disc. Single piston calliper. Metal braided brake line. 2-channel Continental ABS system
Wheels: In aluminium alloy Front: 3.50 X 17" Rear: 6.00 X 17"
Tyres: Radial tubeless; front: 120/70 ZR 17 rear: 180/55 ZR 17
Overall length 2,265 mm
Overall width: 800 mm (at handlebars)
Max. height 1,210 mm (at windshield)
Seat height: 810 mm
Wheelbase: 1,440 mm
Trail: 109 mm
Rake angle: 25.7°
Tank capacity 16 litres

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My only gripe about it is that I feel something is missing from the bottom of the engine at the front (see piccy).. There's a gap there and it looks kinda odd to me...

The monster 600's are the same and for that reason alone I would never buy one.. And I do love monsters :inlove:

Or if I did I would stick some kind of belly pan on it or something to cover that gap up! :thumb:

That gap just looks odd to me

:hmm: Maybe I'm just odd, now theres a thought :rotfl:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
if i was being nice i would say its nice, but im not gunna be nice and im gunna say exactly what i think, it looks utter spank, i have never been a fan of bikes that cant decide what they wanna be, it it a sport bike? is it a tourer? is it an enduro? what is it?... i dunno not my cup of tea....

·
Registered
82 Posts
hmmmm they have had some issues with the shiver.
one from taz (uk aprilia dealer) had new engine just for starters lol and ended up being replaced and sold to some poor unsuspecting sap.

and like all aprilias when you need it sorting it will be ages as there parts supply is abismal.

no thanks

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Well about the bike, save your money and buy a Bandit. I am still trying to figure out the last post.
:plus1:eek:n the bandit purchase instead.......:plus1: on the last post thing....line....site compliment..:huh: :confused: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on the last post thing....line....site compliment..:huh: :confused: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
It was a spammer I nuked Jazzy... He's referrring to a post which isn't there anymore :rotfl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts