Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my mate have just spent about 3 or 4 hours this afternoon removing the pillion footpegs off my 09 Blade.

It was a b*****d of a job!

Remove seat
Remove rear cowl
Remove lower cowl
Remove middle cowl
Remove tank
Remove tail tidy
Remove seatrail/subframe

The things we do to look cool!

·
Registered
900 Posts
(A) why you taking it off....
(B) why does so much have to come off to remove a rear peg.....

·
Registered
900 Posts
It would appear the new fireblade is built to cost the earth to repair, everything seams to be a bitch to remove, looking at some of the other threads, i recon a lot of bikes will be written of for minor dammage, because of the hours to fix them!!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
The foot pegs arent that involved to take off, you just have to remove the subframe and that only requires one tool thats not usually in everyones tool box and thats an offset screwdriver. Removing the lower and mid fairings as well as the gas tank is excessive since you dont need to remove the battery tray this way.

I removed my pillion pegs and put Sato street hooks on it so that if I ever need to ride with a passenger its just an easy bolt on!

·
Registered
1 Posts
:hellobye:Hi guy"s I am totally new to this never been in this sort of thing before,only found this site by chance as I was looking for info on this subject!!!!.
I agree it is a pain in the butt removing the rear footpegs as this is my 3rd blade & I have only just bourght 2009 mod brand new, been on GSX-R750 for last 3 years & all my other bikes I'v had 5mins & rear peg"s are off even back to the sixty"s, but this is a bummer of a job if don"t know what your about never mind only took me 2hrs coz I sussed it out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The foot pegs arent that involved to take off, you just have to remove the subframe and that only requires one tool thats not usually in everyones tool box and thats an offset screwdriver. Removing the lower and mid fairings as well as the gas tank is excessive since you dont need to remove the battery tray this way.

I removed my pillion pegs and put Sato street hooks on it so that if I ever need to ride with a passenger its just an easy bolt on!

Geez do you ever use the bike :eek:, very clean and tidy, puts mine to shame

1 - 10 of 10 Posts