Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 100 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I actually don't want anything on the 09, because I already got an 08 and I'd feel like crap if the 09 was a lot better. They better not bring good paint to the U.S. or I'll be especially pissed that I didn't wait haha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
possibly for the next cbr gener, make a gear indicator display, make sur eyou still got a yellow Honda, make both lights go on not just highbeams. of course electronic traction control. More hp, also CBR are winning againt Suzuki this year we are winning Honda is winning I didn not know that.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have to say that in the department of horsepower the 08 CBR has plenty for most of us mortals. I still havent been able to really see what this thing has to offer at the upper ranges of the tach since first gear at 10,500 rpm is well above highway limits. I've had the bike up to an indicated 170 mph but even then I wasnt anywhere near the redline in 5th gear. What I would like most is more refinement in the lower rpm torque figures and even easier to use horsepower in the normal operating ranges.

Sure this all sounds pedestrian when everyone likes to brag about HP figures and top speed, but in my eyes its all about the trip from stop to 100mph+, and the 08 blade is easier to describe as a surge of power, not quite a slingshot, but at the same time its so easy to forget that you are able to hit 60 from stop in less than 3 seconds because its all so easy.

So as for horsepower I would like to see more come sooner and I would like to see the missing top end come to the states as well as a repsol replica.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think your a bullshiter, you cant tell how much power you bike has, you should shift way before redline, and top speeds shrink the gear down cause of wind resistance. You act like the next 08 is so different then an 07, but I got news for you I can't get mine past the end of 5th either its just too fast. Also the difference between your bike is about 1 seconds at the pocono race track. Did you own the previous bike to make statement about the bike before that? And the 06s and 07 look so much better then the 08's from the back of the 08's you cant tell if your lookng at a 3 year old R6 or the new CBR1000rr. also its now even smaller its too small its like a 600 but if youw ant that extra second over a 2 mile distance go for it. They didn't even change the bike for the first part of 08 they liked the 06-07 so much. And on top of that the 08 isnt winning its teh same dam thing, but i dont think its the bike its the drivers suzuki has the best drivers. And there is no way you will ever use all of a 1000rr on the street unless you have a death wish but I would rather have it that way then maxing it out and needing more power, and the 08 has the agiliyt of 600 bikes with that power all over a liter bike but I wouldnt trade my bike in for this new bike if had a CBR for 4 years and needed to get a new cbr in 08 i would but i wont trade my 06 for an 08. My only hope is when 2012 comes around they still make a yellow, and no side exhaust make two exhausts on both sides i can handle that, or make them invisible as part of the plastic have the exhaust come out infront of the tire on right and left lower cowl. And stop the one light things its old we need at eyes everyone keeps telling me my light is out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think your a bullshiter, you cant tell how much power you bike has, you should shift way before redline, and top speeds shrink the gear down cause of wind resistance. You act like the next an 08 is so different then an 07, but i got knews for you i cant get mine past the end of 5th either its just too fast. Also the difference between your bike is about 1 seconds at the pocono race track. Did you own the previous bike to make statement about the bike before that? And the 06s and 07 look so much better then the 08's from the back of the 08's you cant tell if your lookng at a 3 year old R6 or a Ducati from the front also its now even smaller its too small its like a 600 but if youw ant that extra second over a 2 mile distance go for it.OptionsQuote message in reply?
They didnt even change teh bike for the first part of 08 they liked the 07 so much.

can somebody get this guy a spell/grammar check!!! :rotfl:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think your a bullshiter, you cant tell how much power you bike has, you should shift way before redline, and top speeds shrink the gear down cause of wind resistance. You act like the next 08 is so different then an 07, but I got news for you I can't get mine past the end of 5th either its just too fast. Also the difference between your bike is about 1 seconds at the pocono race track. Did you own the previous bike to make statement about the bike before that? And the 06s and 07 look so much better then the 08's from the back of the 08's you cant tell if your lookng at a 3 year old R6 or the new CBR1000rr. also its now even smaller its too small its like a 600 but if youw ant that extra second over a 2 mile distance go for it. They didn't even change the bike for the first part of 08 they liked the 06-07 so much. And on top of that the 08 isnt winning its teh same dam thing, but i dont think its the bike its the drivers suzuki has the best drivers. And there is no way you will ever use all of a 1000rr on the street unless you have a death wish but I would rather have it that way then maxing it out and needing more power, and the 08 has the agiliyt of 600 bikes with that power all over a liter bike but I wouldnt trade my bike in for this new bike if had a CBR for 4 years and needed to get a new cbr in 08 i would but i wont trade my 06 for an 08. My only hope is when 2012 comes around they still make a yellow, and no side exhaust make two exhausts on both sides i can handle that, or make them invisible as part of the plastic have the exhaust come out infront of the tire on right and left lower cowl. And stop the one light things its old we need at eyes everyone keeps telling me my light is out.
Normally I wouldnt feed trolls but I think you completely missed the point of my post. I was merely stating that I dont really think the addition of top end HP is anywhere near as important as more accessible down low grunt. So I really have no clue where I tied my experiences on my bike to the 06-07 Blades, so I'm guessing you just misread something I posted.

I have no illusions of greatness, because I am simply nowhere near the rider this bike requires to actually see the true potential of the bike. I used to race in Suzuki 750 contingency races on a carbeurated 96 750, and then owned a street only 02 gsxr 750. I took the plunge to the 1000 because I could get it out of the showroom for 3000 dollars less than the all black 08 GSXR 750. I plan on taking a racing course to get back into the groove of riding close to the limit, but with a recent accident and unfamiliarity with my machine I just dont get too crazy on my baby.

As for the rest of the statements about how you feel about the new bike, good for you, not everyone likes the look. As for me I would have never bought a honda before this bike as the previous bikes seemed to be ugly to me. This is all opinion and everyone in this post is entitled to their so dont attack people for being "different".

·
Registered
263 Posts
The 08 looks way better than an 06/07 especially from the rear, the 07 now looks big and bulbus the 08 chunky and sleek. Peak power is just over 12000rpm and yes it makes peak power in 6th on the road:D it out handles the previous bike with ease, stops better and is quicker! don't you read the reviews mate:rant:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well F**k me, thats some :rant:

·
Registered
47 Posts
thanks for the grammar and spell check! I sort of understand where he was going now!!! as for the 06/07 CBR's they look oversized to me... same with the GSXR's and the ZX10r's they all have too much additional bull poop on them adding weight and just making them too PROVERBIALLY loud. If you were to park all of the new liter bikes next to each other you'd see just how much sleeker the new Honda is.

AS for power I do notice the flat spot at about 10500rpm on my US model bike however I did a rolling drag race with a guy on an 07 CBR1k just the other night and I pulled him the entire time from the top of second well into 5th gear and not only did he weigh about 30lbs less than me but his bike also had a Yoshi pipe and a Power Commander. I did however get burned really bad by an 06 GSXR1k with a full Akrapovik race exhaust, a BMC intake and a PC3 with a custom tune. By 150 or so he was about 7 bikes ahead of me and gaining with each gear change.

Although as was previously stated who really needs to go that fast on the street? I am happy to give up a little bit of top end (that can be taken back with a PC3 and and ignition module) to have all the mid range power. If the only time my bike is lacking is during a straight line drag race from the Ca Max Speed Limit of 65 to well over 170mph I can learn to live with that.

By the way I have had my bike to 182mph thus far and it was still pulling hard. I ran out of balls before the bike did. It was so fast it ripped off my temporary dealer plate and plastic plate frame!!! :flame:

·
Registered
80 Posts
The muffler has to go and it needs a tail tidy, fuel gauge would be handy, basic overhaul on the look of the bike. For a road bike its pretty sorted otherwise, im still on the fence about electronic aids. I think for me the buzz comes from the rawness of sportsbikes, dont like the thought of putting my life in the hands of electronic wizardry either, to me personally, a slipper clutch and quick shifter would make me happy on any sportsbike!

·
Registered
391 Posts
The muffler has to go and it needs a tail tidy, fuel gauge would be handy, basic overhaul on the look of the bike. For a road bike its pretty sorted otherwise, im still on the fence about electronic aids. I think for me the buzz comes from the rawness of sportsbikes, dont like the thought of putting my life in the hands of electronic wizardry either, to me personally, a slipper clutch and quick shifter would make me happy on any sportsbike!
Yes very true tahitian954, all these extra electronics that can be fitted after sale imo only hinder rider feel etc. next thing you know you'll be able to buy a valentino rossi replica to ride the thing for ya??:(

·
Registered
261 Posts
The idea of the 08 coming stock without the plate holder would be nice, but we all know its there to make the bike legal to sell, same with the loss of top end power in US bikes, and the little flapper valve in the exhaust to quiet the bike down in lower rpms.

I wouldnt mind some electronic rider aids, traction control would be amazing for street use, especially if its adjustable. I mean think of how many people eat it when they hit a gravel patch or painted surfaces. I'll take a safety net in those cases. ABS is intriguing, but after thinking about it, I feel its really a crutch, if you get used to not locking up no matter how hard you get on the brakes and then lose the ABS system and have to rely on your braking skills you might eat sh!t because you arent used to feeling that threshold between lock up and good braking.

The more I ride the 08, the more I love it, simply because I'm getting more and more used to what it can do. Its acceleration is intoxicating, never have I driven or ridden something that pulls like this bike. You really gotta grab onto the bike with everything you got to really launch this thing which just makes it feel crazy.

I am thinking about trading up to the 09, when it comes out just because I want a Repsol replica, not because I think there will be any difference in the bikes :)

*EDIT* Oh one thing that they really need to do with the new bike is do something about how all the pieces of plastic join together around the ram air ducts. Its just to easy to break the little tabs and you end up getting gaps where there shouldnt be any.

81 - 100 of 343 Posts