Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

I want to covert my fireblade to race shift pattern. Anyone know of a "how to" thread on this or other sites. I found one dealing with the old 954 but not my 09.

I have a race bike now with raceshift pattern which I prefer, but switching back to stock on the blade is really messing with my brain!

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
143 Posts
There is a couple of threads from 08.
You might have to look back a bit.
Been a few guys who have done it using the standard linkage and a small grinder.

·
Registered
277 Posts
you talking about GP/ reverse ? i cut my factory front spocket cover in two locations. just enough for the shift rod to clear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you talking about GP/ reverse ? i cut my factory front spocket cover in two locations. just enough for the shift rod to clear.
Thanks.

Could you post some pictures of what you have done? I want to try and do this mod myself but obviously don't want to muck it up. Is it a case of reversing the side on which the shift rod is placed?

·
Registered
277 Posts
yes, i would post up pics , but the bike is at the dealership waiting on a new muffler! i will post up when i get it back. i pulled the sprocket cover off and reversed the splined shift ARM. ( get ur shift foot LEVER where u want it)then i measured from the engine case to the center of the shift ROD / then from the frame( toward the rear set) to the center of the shift ROD. the put the same measurements on the cover,( i started small and enlarged as needed) what i did was put blue painters tape in the areas i needed to cut and traced out with a marker first. took several mock ups to get it clearanced properly. hope this helps for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts