Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the mirror/blinker combo from the "Fireblade" to put mirror blocks on? And when I put a 2" mirror on the left bar will it affect the balance? What should I do about the balance? I do not want mirrors at all but my state requires one, on the left side!

·
Registered
30 Posts
You will find the blinker connectors behind a rubber flap next to the upper fairing bracket. They are a bit of a pain to get to.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
:plus1: under the flap buried in the upper fairing, a right pain to get to.

You have to take the mirrors off to change the screen. Honda seemed to make everything awkward on this bike, don't mention the fairings or the rear pegs :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

As for the bar end mirror, they are so light, the balance should be unaffected. I had them on a Tuono years ago and they were fine :thumb:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I do not want mirrors at all but my state requires one, on the left side!
I couldn't imagine riding with no mirrors at all. You can't beat the lifesaver look over the shoulder for safety, but I do use my mirrors a lot.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I couldn't imagine riding with no mirrors at all. You can't beat the lifesaver look over the shoulder for safety, but I do use my mirrors a lot.
I rode with just one mirror for over a year, didnt bother me.
I also rode for a few months without mirrors period! It was a little different, but I got used to looking around more

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Agreed it should make you look over your shoulder more which is always good training :thumb:

·
Registered
241 Posts
For Me the mirrors are just signal lights. I can't see nuttin without lifting my armpits to look behind. I have become a habitual head turner, which most likely save my A*S a few times.:idunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts