Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a rear hugger for my 2010 blade but its the model with the ABS and i see all company's saying there huggers are not for ABS model. From what i can see i think its to do with the clearance from under the seat.

Does anyone know if you can get a hugger for an ABS model or has anyone actually fitted one anyway, what was the result?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
As you say mate, all current suppliers reckon there is not sufficient clearance between the ABS module and the hugger when the suspension is under load.

Haven't seen one yet that is for the ABS bike. :huh:

·
Registered
17 Posts
A few people have fitted the genuine Honda aftermarket hugger to ABS models and it's fine apparently, as long as you don't ride with a passenger or jump hump back bridges, due to the clearance issue mentioned above by splatty.
You might need a spacer to make it fit.
More info here:-
Rear hugger on ABS model

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
:plus1:.

It's just that Honda tell you that you can't. TBH the suspension would have to move a long way for it to come in to contact.

Depends on how fat your pillion is I suppose :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Hmmmmm

If you just go and buy one and fit it, the worst that could happen would be a cracked hugger I would imagine. Expensive thing to happen though :mad:

This old picture of my bike shows my Harris carbon hugger fitted, and the clearance. Even with the ABS module, I could never see the suspension compressing that much. It does not move much with me on it (13.5 stone)

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp6/splattty/DSC02137.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just want something to help keep it cleaner in there :mad:

i would just stiffen up the rear shock but i dont really want to play too much with the set up and make the handling bad.

i had an idea of making one with a hole in it so when its compressed it will not touch... but that kind of defeats the object of putting it on in the first place lol :rotfl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts