Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i just joined up on the site. Im from the hunter valley in nsw and just bought a 2011 1000rr. Looking for an aftermarket exhaust if anyone has one for sale or what brand would you recommend if I bought new? Also what's the best place to buy off the net?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
First off :welcome: to the .org! Make sure to post an introduction post in the introduction section!!! Don't forget to include lotz of pictures while you're at it.

Now to get to your question. Just about any of the big manufacturers are making a good exhaust. I would stay away from cheapy off brands, and if you go used make sure to get a really good description and pictures to make sure it is not damaged! Ebay may be the best place for a used system, or of course this site if anyone has one lying around that the do not need. Post up a wanted ad in the wanted section for good results. Also you could've posted this thread under the regular fireblades section as regional might not get much attention.

For new I would check out motosport.com, ebay, hindle.com, or just do a google search. It really depends if you are looking for a full system or if you are just looking for a slip-on/bolt-on. The slip on will give you mild power increase and better sound, the full system will improve the gains with a little better sound, but you tend to lose mid-range power. The best way to remedy the loss of mid-range is to get a power commander (III or IV for you) and get a good map. This would also work to increase the gains on a slip-on alone.

Again, welcome to the .org, and hopefully you'll find a good home here!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, yeah I've seen a few second hand for sale and they all have damage so I'll probably buy a new one, I've been looking on eBay but I'll check out those sites you mentioned.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
You could always do what was posted here recently and gut out the stock exhaust. Seemed to work pretty well.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
That'll work, but bear in mind it's only a 330 ohm resistor in a fancy cap. You can pick up a resistor for just a few pence and use electrical tape to hold it in place.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, i just joined up on the site. Im from the hunter valley in nsw and just bought a 2011 1000rr. Looking for an aftermarket exhaust if anyone has one for sale or what brand would you recommend if I bought new? Also what's the best place to buy off the net?
Thanks
The first question I ask........ You have a 2011 Fireblade, so quite a recent bike, certainly not old. Why do you want an after-market exhaust ????

Performance ?? .......... Sound/Noise ?? ........ Looks ??.........

It really depends what you want it for, as to what brand/style you go for.

Personally I was after a better sound/Noise, nothing too loud, but I certainly wanted something abit more sporty sounding than the way Honda sent them out of the factory. I wasn't looking for any huge power gains, but at the same time I wasn't willing to loose any just for the sake of a nice sounding exhaust.

If your after looks, as I also took into account when choosing, I could only find one manufacturer that made an exhaust that when fitted actually looked part of the bike, that manufacturer was TaylorMade. Great looking exhaust the suited the bike perfectly....... BUT at the same time has received alot of complaints about the build quality.

Every other exhaust I looked at just didn't seem to suit the bike, they all looked like an after thought once fitted.

So I followed a route taken by a few others, which keeps the original theme of the bike, sounds as good as any aftermarked exhaust, and won't loose you power and has been proven to run ok without a power commander........... Though I am fitting one and having it mapped before the end of the month.

Check it out, see what you think...... I'm totally over the moon with it and will keep the updates comming once the power commanders fitted and been set up on the dyno.

Here's a couple of links on how to do it.

1. Fitting of my modified stock exhaust : http://www.fireblades.org/forums/aftermarket-perfomance-parts-reviews/105377-different-exhaust.html

2. Where I got the idea : http://www.***********/forums/modifications-upgrades-08-11/48666-08-stock-exhaust-mod.html

NOT SURE WHY THE SECOND LINK ISN'T SHOWING CORRECTLY ...... where the stars are showing it should be 1000rr . net

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reply, I wanted to change it mainly for the sound. I picked up a jardine slip on locally for half price and am very happy with the sound of it, and I still have the standard pipe to put back on if I need too. I ended up welding a nut in the exhaust and putting the o2 sensor back in to stop the light flashing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put a Leo Vince SBK on my 2009 blade.
I think the same thing would fit on the 2011.
It made it a lot louder, but also, removing the standard exhaust lightened the bike by around 10kg.
RAB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts