Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day friends,
New to the forum and first time poster, however i have been reading the useful info posted here for ages.
I am the proud owner of a 2011 Casey Stoner Blade and im looking at getting some Marchesini wheels for it, the M7r's.
My question is what sort of adjustment would be needed in the suspension department? I know suspension is a personal thing but never having fiddled too much in this area im not sure which way i should be going with a lighter wheel ie. softer or harder.
Im reading that 25mm sag is good for track use and about 30mm for street. Even though i use it mostly for street with the occasional track day ill probably go for 25mm to allow for when my Mrs is on the back with me.
I really want to know what i should be doing in the damping/ rebound department.

All help is much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
G'day friends,
New to the forum and first time poster, however i have been reading the useful info posted here for ages.
I am the proud owner of a 2011 Casey Stoner Blade and im looking at getting some Marchesini wheels for it, the M7r's.
My question is what sort of adjustment would be needed in the suspension department? I know suspension is a personal thing but never having fiddled too much in this area im not sure which way i should be going with a lighter wheel ie. softer or harder.
Im reading that 25mm sag is good for track use and about 30mm for street. Even though i use it mostly for street with the occasional track day ill probably go for 25mm to allow for when my Mrs is on the back with me.
I really want to know what i should be doing in the damping/ rebound department.

All help is much appreciated.

Are they magnesium or aluminium wheels? Aluminium are not usually any lighter than OEM and some are heavier.
The sag won't change but you may want to back off the damping. Only riding it will tell you if you need to adjust them though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aluminium.

Thanks for that. I just didnt know which way i would need to go if i did have to make an adjustment.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Aluminium.

Thanks for that. I just didnt know which way i would need to go if i did have to make an adjustment.

Cheers

Then you won't need to make any adjustment as they're probably close to OEM weight if not heavier - are they forged or cast?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pt a set of forged marchesinis on my DRZ400 supermotard and they made a huge difference.
It is a factory supermotard so it already had 17's on it but the lighter weight made a massive difference.
If i can get similar resluts on my blade i will be happy. However im mainly doining it for looks as i hate the stock 3 spoke wheels.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I pt a set of forged marchesinis on my DRZ400 supermotard and they made a huge difference.
It is a factory supermotard so it already had 17's on it but the lighter weight made a massive difference.
If i can get similar resluts on my blade i will be happy. However im mainly doining it for looks as i hate the stock 3 spoke wheels.

How much lighter were they exactly?
Wouldn't a motard have had spoked wheels?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts