Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

So I bought myself a Honda Fireblade 2011 a few months back, my previous sports bike experience is with a Blackbird and a April RSV both of which have a much bigger/taller windscreen and a lot less windy going over 240KPH.

The fireblade has a Zero gravity screen on it however it still feels extremely windy, I am quite tall so this could have an affect or am I just not used to these new 'small' sports bikes.

Any suggestions what can I do for this issue.

Shot a lot

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Sometimes the taller aftermarket screens can make things worse rather than better. Are you tucking right down toward the screen when riding? Your forearms should be more or less parallel with the ground.

Assuming you are talking about the older RSV (up to about 2003) it was more like a sports tourer than a full on sports bike in comfort terms. I loved mine, easily the most comfortable sports bike I've owned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! Thanks for the input, it is a Double Bubble Zero Gravity model. Howcome some bigger ones make it worse ? Also Does you or anybody else know if the Double Bubble Zero Gravity is better than the Honda original.

Otherwise I'm a but confused, it could be my riding position. Will experiment a little more :)

It is a 2007 RSV, not a sports tourer, it is incredibly uncomfortably haha :p But very fun to ride.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Do you have a mostly upright riding style or just a super tall person (lotta upper torso above the screen) ?

You can look into getting a slightly taller "touring" windscreen if you need more wind protection (IIRC - MRA, Zero Gravity and others might make them for that model bike). Then there's some really goofy extra tall ones that look like a proper cruiser/touring bike screen that you could opt for but they just don't look right. LOL

Like BenelliBlade mentioned, aftermarket screens will change the way the wind turbulence strikes the rider; you'll just have to see where the new turbulence is buffeting you and whether it's acceptable or not - g'luck !

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
. Every motorcycle has its own characteristics that just don't suit everyone's body style or riding style......I would try and spend some time adjusting yourself on the bike to minimize any discomfort you have but in all reality it is quite possible the bike might not be the best fit for you and that's ok.

A few years ago I considered getting a VFR for a second, less demanding riding style bike, I drove one for about 50k and couldn't wait to get off of it due to my inability to adjust to the riding position of the bike.....was a smooth ride but I was unnerved by it....:idunno:

·
Registered
80 Posts
As someone said on here, sometimes bigger screens can make things worse, and its not just sport bikes, had to rip screens off of Harley's I have owned where my head gets thrown around by the wind.

Also the trend in recent years has been for sports bike to get smaller, which is great news for people like me who are smaller, but bad news for tall people, but then tall people have been looked after more for years :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts