Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating on getting one of these bikes as a place has both years still new on the floor. Prices are pretty good with the 11 being $8,999 and the 12 being $9,699.

I have had sport bikes in the past but am currently on a cruiser which is fun but just is not me.

It looks as if some body changes took place in 2012 along with some fuel delivery changes along with minor suspension tweaking, oh yeah, and the wheels.

Will I notice much of a difference? Most of my riding will be canyons and at the drag track. I wont be racing around a road course anytime soon.

Is there much of a difference in comfort? I realize it wont be that comfortable but it is a concern of mine. Though not a huge guy I am 6'1" and about 210 lbs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is kind of where I am at. My only concern is that a rider of my skill level wont use all the potential the 11 has meaning not even close on the 12. Most likely I will take it to the drag track but thats about it.

For the price I might have to go with the 12 though, its not much money. Most likely I will pick the one that looks the best. haha

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Also think of resale, the 12 will be worth more second hand when you sell as the 11 was around for 4 years more or less unchanged, the 12 was the first real update.. the 12 also has a nicer throttle map and will be smoother to ride something you will notice!! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was interested to hear about the fuel mapping.

I like smoother. :)

Its been a few years since I had a sport bike but really want to get on another big bike.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
How long since youve had a sports bike? I think your going to be mighty impressed with either of these :)

Im tempted with a new bike myself, just about to remorage the house for a better deal.. Im going to wait and see what Honda do next year I think a completely new model will be on the cards... If not the S1000RR will be the bike I think :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just over 2 years since I got rid of all my sport bikes. Smallest I have had is a litre bikes. Though I know these new ones are leaps and bounds above what I have owned.

I have been on newer bikes but for short rides only. I love my cruiser and if I could have two bikes I would keep it, but I cant justify it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You may not be pushing the limits on either bike, but the improved suspension compliance and sure-footedness of the upgraded suspension on the '12 will be worth it. I would go for the 12 without a second thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts