Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a Honda CBR1000RR and wondering what would be the best exhaust system to purchase to make sound like Moto GP bike?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have just purchased a Honda CBR1000RR and wondering what would be the best exhaust system to purchase to make sound like Moto GP bike?

As far as I'm aware MotoGP bikes have straight-through pipes with no mufflers so I doubt it'd be possible to replicate legally even on the track (most race tracks require less than 102dBa I think and MotoGP bikes are _way_ louder than that). They also rev higher, and very significantly faster, than most litre-class road bikes which probably also contributes to the sound.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Are you new to street bikes? All those names Bladeracer listed are common and out there on a ton of bikes. Next time you hear an rr you think sounds good, make note of it and see what brand it is.

·
Registered
40 Posts
we run them without cans over here in houston... make sure you get it tuned. yeah theyre loud but sounds nice as hell.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
we run them without cans over here in houston... make sure you get it tuned. yeah theyre loud but sounds nice as hell.

I assume you mean legally?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I assume you mean legally?
yeah its legal and its fine, loud pipes can help driver's be more aware of you possibly/probably and of course the tracks are okay with it over here, we have a lot of CMRA in this area too, a lot of bikes running motoGP exhaust style

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the look without the can and the sound IMO. but its your bike, im sure you will make the right decision for your needs and preference .

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Yeah I suppose, kinda quiet IMO. you said you wanted motoGP loud...

Akro is quiet? since when? I have 400cc less, and its not quiet at all.

R6 Akro. Gives you an idea, and that is with 60mph wind noise. I wouldnt call it quiet, not annoyingly loud.

I ran my old CBR900 without a pipe for a day. Gets annoying far to quick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts