Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I look forward to Nigel's review once he gets to straddle that Blade. ......
Thanks for that, and I shall willingly comply. Presently doing advanced calisthenic so I can fold into the damn thing. Wait 'til you sit on one - it sure if tight!!

We are scheduled to receive ours in April, some 2 months before USA/Canada. No idea why, but from other forum activity, I sense that USA has a glut of 2019 models, PLUS there's still more than a handful of unsold, brand new 2018 SP2s. In the meantime, I guess the British media reviews will filter across the world. Shame that money under the table sometimes tarnishes those reviews!:wink

·
Registered
421 Posts
S1000RR is a tight fit as well, fitted my 5’7” frame perfectly but it is tiny for a 1000cc sportsbike. When a test rode one a couple of years ago I got back on my Blade and it felt enormous and slow!
Not that I am being competitive :angel, but, if we want to talk about compact bikes, this is 5'11" me at Donington on an RS250R (1992 250cc race bike, since sold) :devil.

Please take a look at where my knees are relative to my hands. Almost my entire forearm is resting on my leg. Can we agree, it is a snug fit? :eek:

Every bike that I have ridden since does not steer or handle properly ..... although a well set up RR-N/P Blade has a lot of the same characteristics. Must be in the DNA. :grin

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,607 Posts
Not that I am being competitive :angel, but, if we want to talk about compact bikes, this is 5'11" me at Donington on an RS250R (1992 250cc race bike, since sold) :devil.

Please take a look at where my knees are relative to my hands. Almost my entire forearm is resting on my leg. Can we agree, it is a snug fit? :eek:

Every bike that I have ridden since does not steer or handle properly ..... although a well set up RR-N/P Blade has a lot of the same characteristics. Must be in the DNA. :grin
That must have been AMAZING!

·
Registered
421 Posts
That must have been AMAZING!
It was, Ian. :thumb:

I decided to do Trackdays properly (not using a converted road bike, like I did with the 929rr).

Imported ex-Japan 250GP bike (Picture #1 ), had it FULLY restored based upon the 1992 Customer brochure (Picture #2 ). :nerd

Display fairings (Picture #3 ). :kiss Track fairing & tank, just in case. :devil

From memory 100kg (on a paddock stand, I could pick the front up by the front wheel axle and "curl" it).

Something like 75hp safe tune on unleaded ......?

A lovely, lovely thing.

And, zero depreciation. I sold it to a chap who (fit on it, and) was going to use it properly. All in all a great project! :grin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hi Duncan.

Not re definitive delivery date. Still proposed for early April. Strangely enough though, I ordered the pillion seat cowl and that will be available to collect on March 20. That suggests shipments will arrive early using the rationale that they wouldn't send parts without bikes, although Honda will probably hold the bikes to a certain date to launch with razzmatazz!

Big hunk of deposit paid, so I'm just waiting for the word!!

I'm also pleased to learn that Evotech is tooling up for rad guards and tail tidies, etc: Products

Honda mechanics spend 3 days of last week at Bracknell on a training course, and sales staff went for a 'tutorial' this week. One was seen on a rolling road and putting out 200 bhp at the rear wheel - so I am told. (Neither here nor there for me. As long as it'll touch 60 on my fave 'A' road, I'll be happy!!:cool:)

I will update as necessary.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts