Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Triumph has been tight lipped about such a bike since MCN (UK) ran an editorial about a Daytona 765 Moto 2 replica to be released in late 2019.

Still very scant details available until Triumph makes an announcement at the Silverstone Moto GP in August. However, I was given the 'heads up' last Friday (12/7) and have now placed a deposit on a bike that I do not know what will look like; don't know if it's equipped with Ohlins and Brembos; don't know if it will have the pictured Arrow exhaust; and don't know if it will have the purported 'numbered yokes'. Talk about flying blind!!:eek:

Reposted pic from another thread:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
I’ve ordered “blind” twice, once was back in 1996 when I ordered one of the first Lotus Elise’s and then again in 2004 when I ordered a new Mk V Golf GTi, both I bought with very little information and I didn’t drive either until delivered, I didn’t regret either decision.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Word all these have sold out within 4 hours of dealers being able to declare deposits. Said to be 236 allocated and sold in UK.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No George. We're as much in the dark as Boris Johnson is about Brexit!

All will be revealed (allegedly) at Silverstone on Aug 25.

·
Registered
423 Posts
It arrived at the dealer today. Should have it by end of week!:grin
Numbered yoke :thumb:, Brembos :thumb: and gold suspension with a yellow spring :thumb: (not to mention lots & lots of carbon fibre :thumb::thumb::thumb:)! Are you happy, Nigel?

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Numbered yoke :thumb:, Brembos :thumb: and gold suspension with a yellow spring :thumb: (not to mention lots & lots of carbon fibre :thumb::thumb::thumb:)! Are you happy, Nigel?
Yes, but will be much happier when riding it home! Poor weather ahead for us, but should be okay for Friday.

I've brought the owners manual home. Some nice touches, fuel gauge for instance, self-cancelling indicators, but why oh why have they shafted us with a lead acid battery? Triumph has produced a high spec bike with a low spec battery!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Some friends!!

Guess you’ll be like me and waiting for some decent weather to get out for a blat. I was ready to go out today then it rained 😞

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
That is a sexy looking beast. Nice plate too!
I'm sure you don't need to be told to take it easy in these **** conditions, no matter how strong the temptation :devil

BTW, what does it have in the way of electronic aids?

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is a sexy looking beast. Nice plate too!
I'm sure you don't need to be told to take it easy in these **** conditions . . .

BTW, what does it have in the way of electronic aids?
Thanks. I have a number plate fetish.

As for electronics, it has a new spanner size identifying laser on the dash!:grin:grin

Seriously though, not a lot in terms of what the current Honda SPs offer, in the way of electronic suspension.

It does have ride-by-wire, quickshifter (up and down) and switchable ABS (in track mode). I few riding 'modes' all managed through the dash, which is really over-the-top for those of us who used to ride with a speedo, tacho, and maybe an volt meter!

Rides really nice so far, much of that though is because I'm used to the heavier Blades so this feels more agile. As you say, I can't do much until we have good roads, but first indications are great. The sound is great also, and I am surprised it passed the decibel test. It must be right on the legal limit - which I don't mind at all!

The biggest disappointment, as I might have mentioned in another thread, is that it comes with only a lead acid battery rather than lithium. I have come to using the analogy: I high tech bike with a low tech battery. :wink

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’m sure you can swap that battery out for a lithium one though. . .
Yep, true. No issue from a riding point of view. Just one of those niggly things that seems contradictory to saving weight with carbon and then putting it back on with the lead battery.

To me, it smacks of those who order a family size pizza and then wash it down with diet Coke or Pepsi.:wink

1 - 20 of 25 Posts