Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

2022 CBR1000rr clunk when blipping throttle

825 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kfgy2k 
#1 ·
I’m not a very forum savvy person so if this isn’t the right section I apologize!

I recently bought a 2022 CBR1000RR and I love it but I am concerned..

I noticed when I first bought the bike, when I start it, especially when it’s being started after already running. I hear this clunk noise coming from the lower front section of the bike. Probably lower like near the headers.. I mentioned it to the dealer at my first service ( 500 miles ) and they said it’s normal

I tried to just blow off the noise and trust the dealer but I started noticing the noise while blipping the throttle to downshift.. It’s not very consistent with downshifts but it’s still happens and quite often. The only reason I am just now reaching out for answers ( almost 2k miles ) is because the other day I had to ride the bike home about 5 miles without a helmet and I realized just how loud the clunk is..

Really just trying to understand the noise, if it is in fact normal or not. If it’s something that am doing wrong? Or something I can avoid/fix? Should I be concerned about the longevity of the motor, transmission, or clutch?

I should also mention, the chain has the correct amount of slack. I also put a slip on exhaust on just after the 500 mile oil change.

See less See more
#2 ·
Got the manual for this but not the bike, but have a look at this site .

#5 ·
Can you post a video with sound?
Have you tried to isolate the noise area, perhaps using a long screw driver to locate the area better?
Do similar bikes make the same noise?
Can you try a different repair facility?
I can try getting a video but it isn’t very easy to intentionally replicate it. It does however happen ( when I blip the throttle at idle but not nearly as much as when rev matching. Although this could be because I don’t blip the throttle at idle much or at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.