Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently ride a 2012 CBR250R and want to upgrade but not sure whether to go to a 600RR or straight to 1000RR? Help please :)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I currently ride a 2012 CBR250R and want to upgrade but not sure whether to go to a 600RR or straight to 1000RR? Help please :)

Test ride both and see which you prefer?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Both of them will feel like a rocketship compared to the 250r.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I own a 2012 250 also a 2005 1000 there is a major difference between them the 250 is so light and flick able, the 1000 is pure adrenaline. I agree with Blade test ride both and see which you feel more comfortable on. Remember insurance, gas, tires, repairs all go up in price so keep that in mind when your looking.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
You really don't NEED anything more than a 600 on the street. The extra torque of the 1000 is nice to have, however.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Honestly, you rode a 250 as a first bike. Clearly you have plenty of respect for the power of the bigger bikes. If it's a concern of what you'll be able to handle, you already have the right mentallity. Anything you would do to yourself on a 1000 you can achieve in the same manner on a 600. If you want the 1000, go for it. If you have a riding buddy who has a 600, I'm sure he would let you ride it ;) rather go for the > to get rides on < occasionally.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Also for what it's worth, Fireblades are generally a lot more linear in their power delivery than other litre bikes like the ZX-10R or S1000RR, for example. Lot's of useable mid-range power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have good experience on the 250, and you're mature enough you might be able to handle it. Be warned though: if you so much as crack the throttle open just a little too much in a turn you could wipe out...1000RR's are not very forgiving.

And you'll get a bit more gas mileage out of the 600RR. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts