Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to put some chrome 3 spoke rime (off a 929) i got for free on my 98 900, but i know the axles are diff. size, is there a why to mount this rims without spending money on a newer swingarm and froks, im looking to swap out bearings if the center is same diameter, i know that the 919 and the early f3 has rims that wil bolt up but dont know the axle size.. thank

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i'm looking to put some chrome 3 spoke rime (off a 929) i got for free on my 98 900, but i know the axles are diff. size, is there a why to mount this rims without spending money on a newer swingarm and froks, im looking to swap out bearings if the center is same diameter, i know that the 919 and the early f3 has rims that wil bolt up but dont know the axle size.. thank
The bolt pattern for the front discs is different. I don't know which discs you want to run but 929 discs are 20mm larger diameter.
929 bearings are 25x47x12 front and rear I think with 25x52x15 in the sprocket carrier.
And the 900RR should be 20x47x14 in the front and rear but I don't know what size the sprocket carrier bearing is.
You would need to replace the bearings and make new axle spacers - including the centre spacers inside the hubs.

·
Registered
240 Posts
pretty sure you could run early 1000rr 310mm discs if that's the size the 900rr uses. not sure on the rest of it...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
pretty sure you could run early 1000rr 310mm discs if that's the size the 900rr uses. not sure on the rest of it...
An excellent point I didn't think of :)
Offset is probably different but probably still doable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i found a bearing that should fit, it is a 20x47x14 all dem. the same for the for the 900 but with one bearing with the size 20x52x15 for the hub that fits the 929 chrome rim cause the cush is diff from models. so ive ordered them and awiting install.if any one has input that might help me along feel free

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i found a bearing that should fit, it is a 20x47x14 all dem. the same for the for the 900 but with one bearing with the size 20x52x15 for the hub that fits the 929 chrome rim cause the cush is diff from models. so ive ordered them and awaiting install.if any one has input that might help me along feel free
The bearings are the easy bit.
If you're really lucky you might find that you can use the stock 929/954/1000RR axle and wheel spacers - otherwise you'll have to get somebody to machine new ones for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts