Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2000 929 with almost 27k miles.

I don't think the bike has ever been "formally" serviced, but I know it's been well taken care of. I would like to get some of the standard 30k mile stuff done soon, though.

So far, I have lined up:
Air Filter
Spark Plugs
Chain tighten/wax (it's brand new)
Oil filter/change
coolant flush
brake bleedings

Is there anything else I should do that I haven't thought of? This may be in the owners' manual, but I'm not even sure that I have that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I came across that after doing a google search :) I'm not sure what the "feeler gauge" or whatever is... Sorry, kinda a n00b, I guess.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'd definatly recommend against doing your own valve adjustment then.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Not to split hairs, but you only need to "adjust" the valve clearances IF they are out of spec.

There have been many posters who've posted the 16K check was fine, within tolerence. Obviously you really should have the check done and if needed, have the shop install the shims.

A feeler guage is when you comment on a woman's physical attribute. If she slaps you, you're screwed, if she blushes and smiles, you're in! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SuperDave said:
Not to split hairs, but you only need to "adjust" the valve clearances IF they are out of spec.

There have been many posters who've posted the 16K check was fine, within tolerence. Obviously you really should have the check done and if needed, have the shop install the shims.

A feeler guage is when you comment on a woman's physical attribute. If she slaps you, you're screwed, if she blushes and smiles, you're in! :D
Ah, see the feeler gauges. Looks do-able. I should give it a shot to at least check them, maybe not adjust them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts