Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across this :rotfl::rotfl:
An Italian motorcycle rider has been charged with speeding at 383mph on an unfaired Moto Guzzi.

Paolo Turina, 26, is appealing against the charge, claiming the speed camera must have been defective. He is also disputing the £200 fine Police have issued the not-so-speedy Italian.

"If I could go that fast I'd enter my bike in the MotoGP world championships. Valentino Rossi would not stand a chance. What did they think they were clocking - a jet fighter?" said Mr Turina.

"If the court rules the fine will stand then I'm going to send it to the Guinness Book of Records - after all if the court says its true then I should get the credit for this remarkable feat."

Turina's Moto Guzzi has an estimated top speed of around 115mph.
Italian Police have said they suspect a clerical error is to blame for the botched charge.

The appeal court has not yet made a decision on the case.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
200 quid for 383mph - that doesn't sound like much :)

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Thats about $430.00 greenbacks for me, give or take a few nickles. Kinda weird to clock a bike at 383 mph. Pretty hard to hang on at that speed.:)

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:

that reminds me of a friend......

many years ago* he got a caught by a speed gun in Plymouth...
150ish in a builtup area:eek:
not very fast by todays standards... but, as he was on a old, jacked up, Suzi TS125ER he contested it on the ground the bike wasn't capable of that speed & even if it was thrown of a cliff, it would still struggle to break the speed limit..

the judge ignored the imposibly quick status of the 125 & up held the conviction and he was banned for a year and had to pay the fine.....

He used to have the ticket framed on his wall:rotfl:

*the eighties... the days of lycra, daglo, bubble perms
and when eny thing over a ton was impressive

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
I think a counter sue is at hand for this guy. I'm sure that a posting of the upheld ticket for 383mph on a road bike, all over the web and public would make mocurry of the judgement. Something is wrong with the camera and the judicial system.

·
Registered
397 Posts
im gonna go ahead and say that would be IMPOSSIBLE to do on a nekkid bike. unless hes hercules.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
im gonna go ahead and say that would be IMPOSSIBLE to do on a nekkid bike. unless hes hercules.
I think you mean it's impossible for any bike on the road.
Where do you buy tyres rated to 600kph+?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:

... he was on a old, jacked up, Suzi TS125ER he contested it on the ground the bike wasn't capable of that speed & even if it was thrown of a cliff, it would still struggle to break the speed limit..

the judge ignored the imposibly quick status of the 125 & up held the conviction and he was banned for a year and had to pay the fine.....
Flippin' heck!!! What kind of idiot of a judge was that?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I've seen 650 on my GPS so the pansy needs to twist that grip :huh:

hahahaha.............:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: good one sheep

·
Registered
58 Posts
Every place in the world, other than the US, uses kilometers per hour. Therefore, this is more in the ballpark of 160mph. Still fast, but not as ridiculous that there would be a question as to whether there was a malfunctioning camera. (seriously 383mph is absolutely ridiculous and unreasonable).

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just want the name of his mechanic, if he can make an un-fared moto guzzi do 383, I'd like to see what he can do to my bike..... :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
:hmm: Are you sure about that?
:hmm: we also use the easy, Gestimated Speed System (GSS*) the desciptive system used in pub reconstructions of any event

*this system runs..... potter, cruising, tun'ish, notexactlyhangingabout, quick, myeyesarebleeding & warpspeedmrscott**

oh! and BULLLLLSHIT!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Ok ... no probelm ... pay the fine. Then sue the hell out of Moto Guzzi for making and selling to me a 100% illegal bike with a speed rating like that. There are enough "saftey" infractions Moto Guzzi would be liable for if the bike can do 383.

Lets play ... gonna be rich!!!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Every place in the world, other than the US, uses kilometers per hour. Therefore, this is more in the ballpark of 160mph. Still fast, but not as ridiculous that there would be a question as to whether there was a malfunctioning camera. (seriously 383mph is absolutely ridiculous and unreasonable).
You do know that the UK still uses mph as well?
Even if it were kph it would equate to around 234mph...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts