Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching TWT last night and in a intervue with Hacking, He said he is only riding at 40% of the bike capacity. I do not know much about him but I will assume he is alright since he is riding in supersport and Xtreme.

I thought it is a real eye opener, I will have to remember this next time I contemplate spending $1k for more HP

and Remember that is 40% of a Yamaha

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Considering the fact he'd get fired if he was only riding it at 40% of its ability, I dunno why he'd say that.

As far as it being 40% 'of a Yamaha', most of the people whose opinion I trust on racebikes say the Yamaha R6 is the best this year.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I just caught bits and pieces of 2 wheel Tuesday yesterday but I thought I heard one of the hosts say we wouldn't be seeing him again. Is 2 wheel Tuesday kaput now? (Sorry, haven't really been keeping up on it).

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Hacking's 40% comments are just exaggeration. What he's trying to say is that the bike has a lot of potential. If I were in the market for a 600 to race this year, it would be the R6.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Bacchus, TWT is supposed to be dropping to like an hour long show. I'm not sure of the exact story but that is what Craig White was saying last night.

As far as Hacking goes, so much for getting race wins huh.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I interpreted his comments as being directed toward the chassis. Meaning that they're developing a lot of horsepower and the chassis hasn't caught up yet so he's pushing 40% of what he could do if the chassis were sorted. Doesn't seem to be hurting his teammate any though.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
thebackdraft : Bacchus, TWT is supposed to be dropping to like an hour long show.  I'm not sure of the exact story but that is what Craig White was saying last night.
Thank you sir. That still really sucks though

·
Registered
469 Posts
And no TWT is not gone.  However, in the evening they're going to just one hour of highlights and product showcases etc..... instead of rerunning races.  I think first run races will still happen earlier in the day on Tuesday.  Isn't there another thread on this (?), or maybe I'm thinking of SpeedTV's forums.

---OOPS didn't see backdraft's reply.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Those comments were geared towards x-treme..... What he was saying is he can not land the 180 + Horsepower to the ground.... So he only drives (exagerated) 40%.

Then he went on to Say that he was born in England and moved here and he begs his friends and family to leave England and come to America, because it is the best.

When asked why: The women are great.

Hacking is an idiot... no ifs ands or buts.... just listen to him

Talked to Greg at Road America..... he more or less said they are practically dumpin TWT all together and down to one hour of Greg's garage....

What I would tell you is hope and pray that Speed dumps it completely because OLN is just waiting to pick up the whole package

·
Registered
497 Posts
There is another thread about TWT. Really sucks, I looked forward to it every week. Fox blows.

Hacking's comments in his little interview were somewhat...odd.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Greg White's interview style sucks the big one....

I was in his camp for awhile, but he just gets cheesier....no wonder they are on the block....

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
The TWT programming will change like this:

- No more replays of the previous weekend's races.
- All of the 'Greg's Garage' segments that are interspersed among the current shows will be combined into a 1-hour show.
- Bike Week has been canceled.
- There will still be several hours of 'TWT' programming, different format.

Re: Hacking's comments, I, too, was thinking 'WTF?' when he said '40%.' Then, when he said that rap music was far and away his favorite music, it all became obvious to me, i.e., he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and neither is his trophy wife (unless she just married him for his money).

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Pete : The TWT programming will change like this:

- No more replays of the previous weekend's races.
- All of the 'Greg's Garage' segments that are interspersed among the current shows will be combined into a 1-hour show.
- Bike Week has been canceled.
- There will still be several hours of 'TWT' programming, different format.

Re: Hacking's comments, I, too, was thinking 'WTF?' when he said '40%.'  Then, when he said that rap music was far and away his favorite music, it all became obvious to me, i.e., he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and neither is his trophy wife (unless she just married him for his money).
I am confused...not hard to do...

Is Bike Week totally cancelled or just the Tuesday showing?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Pete : Re: Hacking's comments, I, too, was thinking 'WTF?' when he said '40%.'  Then, when he said that rap music was far and away his favorite music, it all became obvious to me, i.e., he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and neither is his trophy wife (unless she just married him for his money).
What's wrong with a little HIP-HOP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts