Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just got my repair estimate from a certified Honda dealer here in Orlando. They want $4200.00 to rebuild my engine. The good news is I bought an extra 60 month full warranty on my bike from McGraw/Western insurance. I think they should cover the entire thing, but in case does anyone know where to get re-built 954RR engines?

Thanks,

Hal in O-Town, Florida.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
not off the top of my head, easiest thing to do would be to take your engine to a shop that handles powersports they should give you a better deal then any honda house,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Atreyu. I think my service contact when in force can only deal with Certified Honda Repair facilities. But if they try to screw me I will look towards your option...

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
that was the " just in case they don't cover it" advice, or, again if they don't cover it, do it yourself, you'll learn alot by doing so

·
Registered
132 Posts
Get a factory service manual and rebuild it yourself. Its only a small, four cylinder engine and one step at a time, is not particularly complicated.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Get a factory service manual and rebuild it yourself. Its only a small, four cylinder engine and one step at a time, is not particularly complicated.
But he has warranty insurance to cover the repair work.

I would see if the insurance will pay and let the Honda dealer fix it if you don't have to pay more than a few hundred out of your own pocket. Who cares how much it costs to fix...it's the insurance companies money LOL. :rotfl:

You would think Honda Japan would have some of these engines built and ready to ship just for situations like this. I would trust Japan's work more than some local tech who wasn't trained in Japan by the factory. But that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just my 0.02 but if I spend $4,500 to have someone rebuild my engine it better be a superbike engine with over 200+ hp. That seems way to high but if your plan covers it then let them pay for it and ride on.

·
Registered
902 Posts
$4,200. At least the dealer is being honest.

Its likely the "warranty" will deny the particular reason for the rebuild. I got declined once, because "piston rings" were not covered.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just my 0.02 but if I spend $4,500 to have someone rebuild my engine it better be a superbike engine with over 200+ hp. That seems way to high but if your plan covers it then let them pay for it and ride on.
Day-um!Amen to that! That motor better be pumpin'. Makes you wonder if the dealer knew anything about the warranty coverage.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts