Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,
Picked up a used (26K miles) 2001 cbr600f4i runs strong, doesn't seem to have any issues - except one...in every gear the motor seems to make an excessive amount of noise in between 4000 and 5500 rpm. It doesn't seem to affect performance, just makes a mechanical noise that seems like it might be following rpms. It also seems to be more prevalent if I'm on throttle hard and then back off quickly...
Sometimes I can pussyfoot my way through the revs and it won't make noise, but -- who wants to do that :thumbd:

Any thoughts here? Thanks in advance for the expertise...

·
Registered
8 Posts
They say that the latest revisions fixed the rattling noise, but as far as I know they still tend to go bad. I personally have an APE manual one. Once properly adjusted, I just take it in to my mechanic to retighten whenever I have a major service, which is every 16000 miles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey danandkasha,

I realize I am reviving a thread, but I'm looking at replacing my cct lifter as well.. if thats what you meant. Is this something I can do without taking the top end apart? Will the lifter just pop out when i take those bolts off and then I can take it off/ reprime it or replace without playing around with the insides? I've got an f2 but I imagine this would be similar.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nevermind. I found the How-to thread for the f4i. My guess is that it should still apply. If my noise is coming from the right side of the bike, when i am sitting on it. I was hesitant as to whether it is valves or the cam chain... but i guess if it was the valves the sound should be spread out over top end?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts