Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

.5 on the od.

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  dicknose 
#1 ·
first want to say hi new to the site.

well heres my story...

drove 12hrs to pick up the brand new cbr1000 couldnt pass the deal up made sure not to scratch it on the trailer, well got home decide time for test ride around the block. the bike had i want to say .03 on the od. but pulled from the drive way went down to the end of the block to the stop sign and made a right first street was a alley some mexican didnt stop at the stop sign and came rite out in ft of me. nothing to but go down parked car on one side and on coming car in the other lane. i rolled beind the car i dont know how the guy didnt run the bike over. once i was done rolling into the car parked car jumped to my feet and started chasing the the car he didnt stop he ran. 90s accord. its all cosmetic damage but im sure the guy didnt have insurance thats why he ran. the bike now has .5 on the od :crying: . now needing new fairings,mirror, break lever, bar end, footpeg, ft and rear marker lites,and a clutch cover.

i ordered everything expt the fairings and clutch cover any one know where to get some new ones?

#11 ·
Over is better than under!

And the bike will stop quicker upright then sliding.
So Id suggest that in general "putting it down" to avoid something is not the best idea.

But glad to hear you are ok.
And yes you are in the running for the "least distance to crash" award (but probably beaten by someone pulling out of a dealer!)

#10 ·
dude u have no idea me and bad luck goo way back...
i cant even eat at a resturant cause they mess up my food every single time. ruth chris hair in my food.
tim judge ported cylinders sleeve cracked during shipping had waited 2mths for cylinders just to send them back...happened 2 weeks ago
brand new acura mdx 3000 miles tranny went out
postoffice sticks packages in my door ripped storm door off. happened 2 days before cylinders got here.
tv broke bought a new one had it one day it broke.
everything assosiated with me is bad luck
my ss number has 666 in it in a row... Seriously...

#13 ·
You bought the bike and the dealership hadn't done a test ride to make sure it worked? When I bought mine they wouldn't let me ride it till they fired it up and made sure it started, took off, shifted up + down all gears and the brakes worked. I thought it might just be the dealership policy but a couple guys I know who have bought brand new bikes also said their dealerships did the same.

Also sorry to hear about the bad luck. Glad your ok. An older more experienced rider once told me that, everytime you get on a bike, you gotta ride like everyone on the street is out to kill you. Seems like it more and more everyday. Hope you have insurance. Hope you get it all worked out.

#15 ·
Being my age my deductable for my bike is $500 to keep my premium managable. At $800 for the replacements I wouldn't even file a claim. What year is the bike, 2010? I hear that on the 08's and up the fairings are a pain in the butt to replace. I just did all mine on my 07 it took a while but they were not oem.

#16 ·
i searched for mths to find a 07 i dont like the 08+ they look like crap in my mind. but found one in nc at a dealer a 12hr drive to pick it up. yeah i wasnt planing on claiming it cause premium would go up and id only save 300. but got all parts on the way. so hopefully il have it back together next.

guess its time to pull the dirt bike in and change some sprockets and oil. and time to water test the modded jetskis out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.