Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I popped into a local bike shop today my to look at a 99 blade that he wanted too much for and while I was there I spotted a 92 blade, an RVF 400 and right at the back a red 50th anniversary blade, carbon frame guards, full yoshi system as standard.... I’ve never seen one before and he didn’t seem to know much about it. He didn’t seem keen to get rid of it when I pushed him though 😂

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
So, I popped into a local bike shop today my to look at a 99 blade that he wanted too much for and while I was there I spotted a 92 blade, an RVF 400 and right at the back a red 50th anniversary blade, carbon frame guards, full yoshi system as standard.... I’ve never seen one before and he didn’t seem to know much about it. He didn’t seem keen to get rid of it when I pushed him though 😂
50th Anniversary Blade????? Sounds like a Unicorn to me 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
50th Anniversary Blade????? Sounds like a Unicorn to me 🤷‍♂️
Nup.

I think it was Honda UK only who outsourced paint and decals. They did similar with the FireStorm and a couple of other bikes which the onset of dementia prevents me from recalling.:(

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think "50th anniversary" refers to Honda's american company's anniversary and not the Blade itself being around for 50 years. So that edition was just a model recognizing the occasion.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think "50th anniversary" refers to Honda's american company's anniversary and not the Blade itself being around for 50 years. So that edition was just a model recognizing the occasion.
This is correct. 1999 was the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Honda Motor Co. In 1949 HMC produced the D-type, the first motorcycle with frame and engine built by Honda.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
Yeah, now I remember. Our dealer had tons of those oval “pins” with 50th on it.

Some one thought a good idea was to take the pin post off, toss some aftermarket parts on the bike, glue the face of the pin on the bike and call an anniversary model.

Kind of brilliant, actually 😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts