Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Look up the ERV3 it is just as strong or stronger than some 530 chains. Its tensile strength is well over 8000, thats good enough for most bikes.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look up the ERV3 it is just as strong or stronger than some 530 chains. Its tensile strength is well over 8000, thats good enough for most bikes.
what size sprocket should i go? looking for for torque less top end...never really understood the whole thing with the teeth

·
Registered
441 Posts
Play around on this website
Lower gears; smaller front sprocket and/or bigger rear sprocket
Taller gears; bigger front and/or smaller rear
Just like on a mountain bike...
Im guessing its for your 929? A lot of people seem to like 15/45 gearing thats the -1 and +2 from the stock sprockets.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I'll offer a counter-opinion that if your 929 isn't being used on the track, I'd stick with the 530 chain & sprockets. The 520 stuff is mostly just as strong and should last as long, although some 520 set-ups are recommended for 750cc and less. The gearing change is what you'll really notice and will make a nice difference. I'd go with 15/44 or 15/45. I have 15/44 on my 929 (used to use it on the track) and it's still great for street/highway.

I've recently learned that the DID ERV3 chain isn't the strongest 520 chain (although it's certainly a good chain). The 520 RK GXW has a higher tensile strength.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts