Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang, back in the early 70's a company known as Denco was offering what they called a "Low Loss" chain kit for the Kaw triples. Low Loss referring to less power being robbed by the chain. So, with that in mind, has anyone documented the difference between the two on a dyno. As well as does anyone know which chain out of the manufacturers robs the least power. Theres obviously a lot of choices to pick from and I have never investigated the difference. I know what ratio I prefer (+2 in back) for my type of riding as well as what type of lube, but it's so tacky that in itself seems as if it would rob power.
Thanks in advance, Bob

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi Gang, back in the early 70's a company known as Denco was offering what they called a "Low Loss" chain kit for the Kaw triples. Low Loss referring to less power being robbed by the chain. So, with that in mind, has anyone documented the difference between the two on a dyno. As well as does anyone know which chain out of the manufacturers robs the least power. Theres obviously a lot of choices to pick from and I have never investigated the difference. I know what ratio I prefer (+2 in back) for my type of riding as well as what type of lube, but it's so tacky that in itself seems as if it would rob power.
Thanks in advance, Bob
For minimum friction you want an unsealed chain.
I think drag racers run unsealed chains for this very reason.
It won't last very long though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts