Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting out there,
All you who have survived long enough to ride the beautiful Blade, your all legends.
I rode bikes up till the late 70's, into Kawasaki 350 to 500 to the awasom a7 750 smoke screen..
Now at the age of 57 on a whim I go out and buy an 05 1000rr. I am in awe of the beast. I remember going hard into a corner on the 750 it was a 50/50 chance of comming through it. breaks hot, crap tires and an angel on my sholder. I am lucky to be alive 20 times.
Have been going for short spats on my blade, showing respect. But WOW, beautiful handeling, tyres that stick to the road, breaks that work perfect. And the engine breaking, Man I am in heaven!!
Its all a bit new again, and better.
I live in the Yarra-Valley in Victoria, Australia. Any other novices out there.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
:welcome: 56 is nothing, I know a guy who is 64 and rides an '04 Repsol very quickly - he's a very good rider.

I also know an ex-police rider in his 70's riding a BMW K1300S, again very quickly.

You've got years of riding ahead of you!

·
Registered
399 Posts
As the man said,nothing wrong with being 56 as i'm almost there myself and have an 08 Blade which at a recent run wot you brung 1/4 mile meeting was the fasterst standard road bike there.But thats not the point of my post,the point is that i still have a 1973 Kawasaki 350 S2 in my garage which you also had and although i havn't started it for a number of years,it was properly resored in the mid '80's with weisco pistons etc and on my 60th birthday i will fire it up and smoke the neighbourhood.Cant wait.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
There is a very good argument to say that you have more repsect for the bike, and more patience with learning at your age rather than a very young guy.

I'm about to hit 40 in two weeks, and probably enjoy riding more now than I did when I was 18.

Ride safe :thumb:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Greeting out there,
All you who have survived long enough to ride the beautiful Blade, your all legends.
I rode bikes up till the late 70's, into Kawasaki 350 to 500 to the awasom a7 750 smoke screen..
Now at the age of 57 on a whim I go out and buy an 05 1000rr. I am in awe of the beast. I remember going hard into a corner on the 750 it was a 50/50 chance of comming through it. breaks hot, crap tires and an angel on my sholder. I am lucky to be alive 20 times.
Have been going for short spats on my blade, showing respect. But WOW, beautiful handeling, tyres that stick to the road, breaks that work perfect. And the engine breaking, Man I am in heaven!!
My story is very similar. I am 54 and I also ride an 05RR. I rode as a kid until 25 (1981) had cb750 (2), 79 CBX and 2 Gold Wings.

Got back into it at 40 after restoring a 79 CBX from my buddy. Since that a Blackbird and the RR since 2005 and loving every second. Still ride like a crazy man too! Sensible crazy though. :eyebrows:

Glad you are back into it and enjoying it. Just be careful while you are still getting used to it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am also 40, been riding most of my life; i enjoy and appreciate riding more as i get older; more respect less attitude and more consideration for safety. wishing you another 56 years of safe and enjoyable riding.:welcome:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Greeting out there,
:thumb: great to hear your got back into them again.I have a 03 954 blade,and ya the blade is a really lovely bike to ride, so much smooth power. I am 44 in a few weeks time and i have been thinking if i am getting to old for bikes and if i should selling mine, now that i hear that you have got back into them again at 57 i feel a lot better,I have years of riding bike to go yet, i dont think i d be happy without a bike in my shed. :rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, thanx for the good thoughts, LOL, when the wife isn't in the mood the Blade will never knock you back..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As the man said,nothing wrong with being 56 as i'm almost there myself and have an 08 Blade which at a recent run wot you brung 1/4 mile meeting was the fasterst standard road bike there.But thats not the point of my post,the point is that i still have a 1973 Kawasaki 350 S2 in my garage which you also had and although i havn't started it for a number of years,it was properly resored in the mid '80's with weisco pistons etc and on my 60th birthday i will fire it up and smoke the neighbourhood.Cant wait.:thumb:
I remember my s2, melting the pistons with open-gap plugs. They were a good bike on the day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a very good argument to say that you have more repsect for the bike, and more patience with learning at your age rather than a very young guy.

I'm about to hit 40 in two weeks, and probably enjoy riding more now than I did when I was 18.

Ride safe :thumb:
Very well put, wish we could put this type of message en masse to some of the newer riders that want to start off on these types of motorcycles.

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
. Still ride like a crazy man too! Sensible crazy though. :eyebrows:
:smilebig: I'm still a pup at 41, but :plus1: You can still have some awesome fun the older you get, you're just a bit more sensible in places/areas where you weren'y in your younger years. More respect for other people in general.

Glad you're back to biking, Ride Safe and enjoy the ride :clap: :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there! I have had my 2000 929 for 2 months and I love it. Has been riding a 1995 Magna for the last 6 years, and the change is, needless to say, tremendous:).

Keep on riding and keep up the respect for the awesome power of these incredible machines:)

Happy rides:clap:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am 50 and have had my blade for 2 years (just serviced &k and put away for winter) I love my Blade I suppose for my age and gender things don't fit typically but hell you only live once I ride pretty nich on my own but so enjoy my babe from the minute I take her out until she come back home for a clean.

Age? whats that an inhibitor? no way. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Summer is just starting over here, I have all that to look forward to. Bourne in NZ with a climate like England, Australia is the best place for a bike. You stay warm in the summer, with 35c dry days it's heaven on the Blade. I will never ride in the rain again...Have a Ford XR6 the same colour lol.
And I have never felt old. When I stop thinking about beautiful woman and making love, then I,ll hang up the keys to the Blade.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts