Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I'd say that this will be a re-hash of the Air-Fence debacle.....

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
ConqSoft : I didn't look at the link, but I thought it was going to me about motorcross racing?
Quote June 2 – The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) has learned that the CBS News program '60 Minutes II' is expected to air a report about 'extreme motorcycle competition' on Wednesday, June 4 at 9:00 p.m. ET.

Whatever that means

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
AMA said that they declined an interview with 60 minutes. What for? When I watch 60 min. and they say that who ever is the portrayed 'bad guy' in their stories declines an interview everyong gets the feeling that it must be true. If they say that the AMA declined an interview, people will automatically assume that they have no interest in rider safety.

-Shrub

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
They won't talk about everyday things, they'll focus on how some dude landed his sack on the bars and subsequently tore them open... Or how some dudes melon split on the bars upon impact... Won't be anything positive, you don't actually think that it would be do you!?

Bike people (sport bikers especially) are starting to understand how gun owners have been treated for many years. Any gun 'special' on network TV always talks about the negative...

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I know it mentions supercross, but they are calling what the squids are doing extreme motorcycling these days, you might find some 'starboyz' types in there as well

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would decline the interview also. If 60 Minutes is on it, it has to be controversial. They will ambush them with questions they are not prepared to answer.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
...which should make us thankful for the barrage of (positive) motorcycle programming coming from TLC and Discovery

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I didnt realize people still watched 60 Mins....I think I'll tune in and see what its all about....I love a good slagging....

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Baketech : I didnt realize people still watched 60 Mins....I think I'll tune in and see what its all about....I love a good slagging....
Please confirm for me if they tell 'the story' of some dude that busts his melon on the triple clamp or rips a nad...

I bet there will be several...

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
LOL...isnt one of those freestyle jumps called a 'Sterilizer' because of that?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts