Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will redline in 1 and 2 gears starts cutting out at 9000 rpm in 3 gear and progressively lower rpm in 4 5 and 6 gear all roughly equivalent to 80 mph any ideas welcome it driving me crazy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No its project initially only reved to 3000 stripped carbs added another washer under needle now 2 washers now reved to 6000 jetting standard 140 138. Changed jets to 155 150. It feels like some kind of electronic cut at 60mph.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,323 Posts
Is the ram air all still intact? There was a secondary system used to maintain pressure inside the floatbowls at lower speeds. Could be an issue with that system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solenoid and relay have been removed low pressure side connected to left side of airbox high pressure to right side.

·
8,323 Posts
Solenoid and relay have been removed low pressure side connected to left side of airbox high pressure to right side.
Is that something that it s known modification? I’m not as familiar with the F3, but maybe something is still a miss with that?

·
8,323 Posts
Do you have any pics of your airbox set up etc? I think that may have something to do with it as well. If it’s a street fighter do you still have the large intakes that flank the fork tubes?

·
8,323 Posts
Ok, I’m gonna say because you have a 900RR front fairing that there is not enough air getting into the bike. If it’s still jetted for the ram air and it’s not getting enough air, then it’s a far too rich mixture. The faster you go, the more air it’s gonna need.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will redline in 1 and 2 gears starts cutting out at 9000 rpm in 3 gear and progressively lower rpm in 4 5 and 6 gear all roughly equivalent to 80 mph any ideas welcome it driving me crazy.
My bike did the same thing. I was told that i had low compession by honda and i had leakage check your fuel preasure. My 07 cbr1000rr is suppossed to have around 50psi. I replaced motor and rebuilt fuel pump and no longer have that problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts