Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New on the site. This must have been asked a zillion times but I have just left the realm of my 600RR 2003 to a new 1000RR 2005 expected delivery March 2005. Can anyone help me with the main ride differences between the two.

Merci
Geroudis :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
960 Posts
geroudis said:
Hi all. New on the site. This must have been asked a zillion times but I have just left the realm of my 600RR 2003 to a new 1000RR 2005 expected delivery March 2005. Can anyone help me with the main ride differences between the two.

Merci
Geroudis :cool:
:sless: Just don't open the throttle wide open and stick to lower gears (how big is Mauritius exactly?)
Just kidding. :welcome: to .org.
You will notice a huge difference in power, especially at low to mid range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. Yes its a small place. 730 sq km. longest highway is less than 10 km long. And yes, I have topped the 600RR despite...

What about handling? I was told that the 1000 handles differently, and is more difficult to ride. We have widing roads mostly.

Is it worth it? Ill tell you when I get there after running in..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
960 Posts
geroudis said:
Thanks. Yes its a small place. 730 sq km. longest highway is less than 10 km long. And yes, I have topped the 600RR despite...

What about handling? I was told that the 1000 handles differently, and is more difficult to ride. We have widing roads mostly.

Is it worth it? Ill tell you when I get there after running in..
The 1000 could be described as more difficult to ride in terms of needing more careful application of power out of corners but once you learn that it is one sweet bike to ride and too easy to ride fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
just be careful gunning it out of corners because there's ample power (even down low) to spin the bike around.
Some people have mentioned that litrebikes are harder to turn in but I beg to differ. I found my 954 easier to turn in than my F4i, but that's just my personal opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
In first and second you need to roll the throttle because if you just crank it wide open it will stand up like a dancing bear fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,762 Posts
urameatball said:
just be careful gunning it out of corners because there's ample power (even down low) to spin the bike around.
Some people have mentioned that litrebikes are harder to turn in but I beg to differ. I found my 954 easier to turn in than my F4i, but that's just my personal opinion.
That's only because the 954 was the Best bike ever made.

Now that that's out of the way.

Your 1000rr won't turn in as easy as the 600rr due to the internal larger engine mass and crankshaft inertia. Changing lines on the 1000 will not be done with the ease of the 600, and you'll have to think about standing the 1000 up out of the turn before powering on, versus gunning at more of an angle in the turn as you did (or could do) on the 600.


Oh, and Welcome! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,524 Posts
geroudis said:
Can anyone help me with the main ride differences between the two.
Merci
Geroudis :cool:
It wears out tires 2 to 1 rear :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
more power your cornering must be spot on, it is not as forgiving as the six , i have owned my fireblade 6mths and i will never look back to a 600
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top