• 1000cc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you rather go with a 600cc or 1000cc bike for 2up riding? Specify your brand preference. Also this bike is something you would use only.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Vtwin 1000cc...

When going from the 929 to the RC, two up was mucho better. The smoothness pull of the engine made the ride less jerky. More linear if that makes sense.

Warning though, any real sportbike will just about suck for two up riding...

·
Registered
433 Posts
For 2-up riding, and any street riding generally, I would stick with a bigger motor just so I could have gobs of HP at low RPM and not have to downshift twice just to pass a car. For the track I don't care so much (a 600 is fine).

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Gotta go with the 1000cc, for the reasons mentioned above. And if you're planning on doing a lot of 2 up riding, you probably need to look at a sport tourer rather than all-out sport bike.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Definitely the 1000cc, but if you're going to do a lot of 2-up, do yourself and your passenger a favor and get something more sport-tour oriented such as a CBRXX, VFR, ST1300, etc.
Sportbikes are not at all comfortable for 2-up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also to add. The 2up riding I plan on doing would be at most 45 minute sprints to the beach or so and so. Nothing for hours.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
My CBR F4 would handle about 220 pounds combined weight comfortably on the highway. Since most guys weigh about 170, I'd suggest you either get a 50 pound GF or buy a litre bike.

Mind you... litre class sport bikes are brutally uncomfortable for passengers.

Buy a VFR.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
nomad : My CBR F4 would handle about 220 pounds combined weight comfortably on the highway.  Since most guys weigh about 170, I'd suggest you either get a 50 pound GF or buy a litre bike.

Mind you...  litre class sport bikes are brutally uncomfortable for passengers.

Buy a VFR.
'most guys' I know are well above 170 lbs. A 170 pound guys is just a large girl. A 'real man' weighs in at over 200 lbs. Get something to eat you skinny wimps and hit the gym!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
need more horses for more weight, normally more cubes means more horses, go with the cubes

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
smkeatr : 'most guys' I know are well above 170 lbs.  A 170 pound guys is just a large girl.  A 'real man' weighs in at over 200 lbs.  Get something to eat you skinny wimps and hit the gym!
hahahha bite me.

My best mod on the 929 is my 115lb body. I tell ya, that 128.4hp goes so much further when you are skinny.

As for the gym... at one point my personal trainer told me to stop working out 'cause I had dropped my body fat percentage to under 6%. *shrug* Now I'm just a lazy fat/skinny ass and lift beers for my weight training.

J.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
smkeatr : 'most guys' I know are well above 170 lbs.  A 170 pound guys is just a large girl.  A 'real man' weighs in at over 200 lbs.  Get something to eat you skinny wimps and hit the gym!
Damn RIGHT!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
nomad : Quote (smkeatr @ June 04 2003, 5:41pm)'most guys' I know are well above 170 lbs.  A 170 pound guys is just a large girl.  A 'real man' weighs in at over 200 lbs.  Get something to eat you skinny wimps and hit the gym!
hahahha bite me.

My best mod on the 929 is my 115lb body.  I tell ya, that 128.4hp goes so much further when you are skinny.

As for the gym... at one point my personal trainer told me to stop working out 'cause I had dropped my body fat percentage to under 6%.  *shrug*  Now I'm just a lazy fat/skinny ass and lift beers for my weight training.

J.
I hate you.

EDIT: I work out all the time and the lowest my body comp has been is 18% (DEXA Scan) 12% (Skin Fold). I'm short, thick and reasonably strong and flexible. I wish I were lighter b/c love handles suck and my knees hurt after 4 mile runs (not to mention 1/2 marathons).

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
My apologies for hijacking and bastardizing this thread.

I had the same thing with the knees.  Probably caused by too much soccer...  At any rate, if you have access to a rowing machine jump on it.  Most people underestimate the machine or its difficulty but if done right, it is the best way to tone up and lose fat evenly - also, it is low impact on the ol' knees.  Proper technique is EVERYthing.  I used to do an hour on the erg, no sweat, but then I was shown the proper technique and I could get the same workout in less than half the time! (My regular cardio workout was 1.5hours on the erg after a 15minute treadmill warmup)

For the women... please, PLEASE, please avoid the stair machine, it causes huge hamstrings, butt and thighs while leaving your upper body tiny.  AND, once that bulk is there, it won't go away because it's muscle, not fat.  Stupid stair master is the most popular yet misused machine.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
That has to be the reason for my big ass. I used to run bleachers when I was younger to train for BMX racing. That and miles of long uphill riding. Your right, it never goes away! BTW, are you actually in that leather suit in your avatar?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have ridden my 2008 Honda cbr1000rr for about 6 months, and yea I know I have not a lot of ridding experience on a 1000cc or any bike for that matter. The reason for that is because I started on a 1000cc bike. I don’t know if I am the first person to ride a 1000cc for their first bike, but by the research I have done it shore looks like I am. But anyways, I think a 1000cc bike is the best experience you can get because of the good acceleration and speed. Even though I haven’t ridden a 600cc bike I would go for a 1000cc regardless of how the 600 handles. I mean if you get a motorcycle don’t you want the speed and acceleration you’re not getting with your car? I would strongly suggest going with a 1000cc bike if… and I repeat if you have patience and control in your everyday life, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. I remember when I went to the dealership asking for a 2004 Honda cbr1000rr, and every one I asked for it suggested to start with a Kawasaki ninja 250 with a 250cc engine. Well, all I have to say is if you have the qualities to be the best motorcycle rider you can be you will end up being very satisfied to ride a 1000cc bike, I am living proof of this. Ohh, and sorry for the very long post.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts