Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm looking for some opinions. I drive a 180cc Indian City Commuter and I'm looking to upgrade to something exciting.

I have to choose between a new CBR600RR and a new CBR1000RR FireBlade... :idunno:.

Does anyone have advice? I'm 18 years old and I weigh about 110kg (242lbs) and I want a bike that I will be able to control. I saw the CBR600 is extremely light, but some people tell me that I should go for a litre-bike, since people get bored with their 600cc's. BUT!!! - since I'm used to a 180cc that doesn't make more than 110km/h (68mph) - I don't think the extra speed of the 1000cc will make me regret getting a 600.

Please help!!! :D

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I would honestly not get either, If you have only gone 68mph on a 180cc road bike, you are not ready for a 600rr or a 1000 IMO, but hey your friends that tell you to get a 1k probably know you better that I do. I would think about a SV650 or something that isn't going to shoot you out of a cannon in to the back of a semi. I am only saying this for your safety.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I agree with Spina, bu if you decide a CBR-RR is what you're gonna get then a 600 will be more than enough for some years - in fact many riders prefer 600's to 1000's.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I agree with Spina, but if you decide a CBR-RR is what you're gonna get then a 600 will be more than enough for some years - in fact many riders prefer 600's to 1000's.

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for some opinions. I drive a 180cc Indian City Commuter and I'm looking to upgrade to something exciting.

I have to choose between a new CBR600RR and a new CBR1000RR FireBlade... :idunno:.

Does anyone have advice? I'm 18 years old and I weigh about 110kg (242lbs) and I want a bike that I will be able to control. I saw the CBR600 is extremely light, but some people tell me that I should go for a litre-bike, since people get bored with their 600cc's. BUT!!! - since I'm used to a 180cc that doesn't make more than 110km/h (68mph) - I don't think the extra speed of the 1000cc will make me regret getting a 600.

Please help!!! :D
People USED to get bored of 600's but that was waaaay back , now, 600's have so much poke and power and handle soooo much better, especially for you to learn your trade on.
I would honestly not get either, If you have only gone 68mph on a 180cc road bike, you are not ready for a 600rr or a 1000 IMO, but hey your friends that tell you to get a 1k probably know you better that I do. I would think about a SV650 or something that isn't going to shoot you out of a cannon in to the back of a semi. I am only saying this for your safety.
:plus1: Go for the 600 in my opinion also:thumb:

·
Registered
780 Posts
How about an SV650 or a Ninja 650. These are both excellent bikes.

When I went to California Superbike School there was a guy riding around on a Ninja 650 that was just killing all the BMW S1000RR's in the corners.

Obviously, this guy had a good suspension setup, but more importantly, he knew how to ride.

My suggestion is to buy a used bike and spend the remainder of your money on riding school. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than crashing your shiny new bike not to mention crashing your body.

Cheers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here the ninja 650 is called the er-6f, but i don't know, people that have one say its nothing compared to the zx-6r. I know that im used to a small bike, but i have alot of experience on the road. I dont know if the sv650 or the er-6f will make me regret not having a purebreed superbike, because i want the full monty and all that jazz. I also know that these bikes are severely cheaper than the superbikes, but i am prepared to pay the price for my satisfaction

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Why not see if you can get a ride on one of the 650s? Or for that matter a 600RR? If you go for a CBR600, I would personally go for an F4i rather than the RR, the 4Fi should be a much better road bike and again is a bike that people don't tend to outgrow. They still look pretty good too.

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Why not see if you can get a ride on one of the 650s? Or for that matter a 600RR? If you go for a CBR600, I would personally go for an F4i rather than the RR, the 4Fi should be a much better road bike and again is a bike that people don't tend to outgrow. They still look pretty good too.
:plus1: Very good point..try before you buy.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
One thing to remember - on a bike, it's the rider that makes the difference, not so much the bike. A mate of mine had a CBR600F4 and he was far quicker on that than me on my 900.

·
Registered
15 Posts
IF you insist on getting an RR then as all the others have said, i would recommend the 600, both bikes are phenomenally powerful and both will have u excited for a long time, however there is no reason to show off and get the 1000 which to me sounds exactly what your mates are like.

For everyone who recommends the sv650 i tend to disagree, it depends on what engine configuration people like, i personally find the 600rr alot easier to ride because i hate the severe engine braking of the twins, so go with what you prefer.

either way, both have more than enough power (dont worry there) just be sensible and wear ur gear and u'll be fine, just take it easy

·
Registered
286 Posts
Totally with going with the F4i, thats what i did. Its an amazing bike both from power and handling aspects. It is a fun bike to ride and a great daily driver which wont break your back. There is more than enough power for the streets and i guarantee you will not get bored of it. I love riding and feel like i have progressed a lot since i first started, and i am still satisfied of the f4i.... long story short ive had it for 2 years and still not bored. GREAT BIKE

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
600F4i looks pretty good, but i'm looking to buy brand new, plus specs of 2010 600RR look much better

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Get a new 600RR.. plenty powerful enough, as I have said in alot of threads my wife learned to ride on a 08 CBR1000 with no previous experience and 25k later she can ride the tires off the bike.. Its all about the maturity of the rider.. IMHO

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Will my weight be an issue with this? Is it possible that I'm a little too heavy for the 600??
Again its a case of 'Try before you buy' scenario, then you'll know what you are most comfortable riding, not just for your size(comfort wise) but what you're comfortable riding in yourself(power wise).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the advice, also then I'm still curios... I love the look of the CBR600 and everything else about it, but any opinions on ZX-6R, YZF-R6, GSXR600??

Any reasons to go for one of them instead of the CBR?

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Thanks for the advice, also then I'm still curios... I love the look of the CBR600 and everything else about it, but any opinions on ZX-6R, YZF-R6, GSXR600??

Any reasons to go for one of them instead of the CBR?
All good bikes, cbr600 F's or RR's are great and so is the Gixer and R6 but its upto you, personal choice.

For me always the CBR:thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts