Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had this bike for about six months. I ride it I get the chance. I'm nothome alot to ride, stupid army with it not letting me ride my baby. Anyways it cranks and cranks and I get an occasional fireball outta the tailpipe. I'm not a bike genious by anymeans. I can take things apart but I don't want to go too far without having some ideas. Any fresh perspectives would be great. Thank you. I'm sure some of you already answered a question or two like this one but I haven't located one like mine yet.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I've only had this bike for about six months. I ride it I get the chance. I'm nothome alot to ride, stupid army with it not letting me ride my baby. Anyways it cranks and cranks and I get an occasional fireball outta the tailpipe. I'm not a bike genious by anymeans. I can take things apart but I don't want to go too far without having some ideas. Any fresh perspectives would be great. Thank you. I'm sure some of you already answered a question or two like this one but I haven't located one like mine yet.

Spray starter fluid into the airbox while cranking the engine over.
If it fires then you probably need to strip and clean the carbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's safe to assume that's the issuue. I went to open up the air box and found it wasn't even attached to the carb all the way. Sands built up around the breathers. The air filter itself is compleltly clogged with sand. It's gonna be a long week.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Ok so I cleaned the carbs and the air filter. But it still won't start. It'll turn over but I get a good turn every few seconds but not enough. Any suggestions.

Did you try starter fluid already?
Also spray it around each intake manifold to see if they're still leaking.
If it's not turning fast enough then try boosting it off another battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it started and will start on it's own but now there I a slight clicking sound coming from the left side of the carbs and when I opened the black slider the bike shut off. Still kinda new so I dunno what all that means I'm not gonna run it till I have a better idea of what's going on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.