Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you guys that keep crying about the 600RR being non competitive

From Chris Siglin '03 R6 rider, winner of the Suzuki Cup(on 2 wheel tuesday last night):
'Chris Peris, young fast kid from Canada, came down with his 600rr honda and was going really good right off the bat on saturday and I knew he would be trouble for the races. Jason Perez and Chuck Graves were both in China for the Macau GP so no playing with those guys that weekend '

'So back to the first race, I got a great start, hole shot, and led around the first few turns and all of a sudden Chris Peris comes flying by me, I couldn't beleive he was pushing so hard on the first lap of the race with these temps, this might be where Michlins have a slight disadvantage, I just couldn't match his pace on the first 2 laps and he gained a nice little gap which I could never close. I ended finishing 3rd right behind Robbie Dowie. '

and the second race:
'I was angry that I let that happen so for the 2nd race I had to sack up and just do it on the first lap. I had the exact same guys again in this race to deal with, Peris and Dowie. Once again got the hole shot and once again Peris flew right by me into turn two as his bikes is sliding and just begging to let loose, I said screw that I can ride on the edge as well and twisted the throttle and was down his neck for the whole race, drafted by him into turn one but then he out braked me into 3 and just couldn't get by him, beat me to the line by half a bike length. HIs honda is sooo fast, that thing seriously hooks up and goes!'

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums....d=51240

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
And your point is?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luvtolean : And your point is?
That you guys keep saying that the 600RR is NOT competitive cuz it weighs too much---then you start whining about the 1000RR--seems that in amateur racing it is in fact quite competitive, specially when traction may be an issue, ie the 'weighty' mass centralization and new pro-link might actually give a bigger advantage than a few lbs

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
...and he would have been even faster on an R6!

No one is saying the 600RR isn't a great bike! But it's all relative!

·
Registered
887 Posts
tigerblade : ...and he would have been even faster on an R6!  

No one is saying the 600RR isn't a great bike!  But it's all relative!  
TB, you'd better be careful saying good things about a Yamaha...some folks on this board might accuse you of not being loyal to Honda and consider you a turncoat!!

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
QuikMike : TB, you'd better be careful saying good things about a Yamaha...some folks on this board might accuse you of not being loyal to Honda and consider you a turncoat!!
It must the the New R1 Fever. BDA knows. It just takes hold of ya and you get visions of dancing tuning forks in your head...

·
Registered
887 Posts
tigerblade : Quote (QuikMike @ Nov. 19 2003, 12:35pm)TB, you'd better be careful saying good things about a Yamaha...some folks on this board might accuse you of not being loyal to Honda and consider you a turncoat!!
It must the the New R1 Fever.  BDA knows.  It just takes hold of ya and you get visions of dancing tuning forks in your head...

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
He should quit whining . . . Kevin Lacombe could have come down and handed everyone their collective asses . . .

·
Registered
379 Posts
I was going to race a 600rr next year, but heard they had some suspension problems. Can anyone confirm this ?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I have seen both Kevin and Chris race up here quite a few times. Both are very capable riders. We have some good young riders here.

And no the 600RR is not slow, look at World SuperSport!!

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
I haven't heard of suspension problems either. Only thing I'd heard was some smoke on deceleration as a problem?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
QuikMike : and just in case anyone forgot, check this

I'd say that's pretty fast for a fat, slow, overweight bike

The bike clocked 179.4mph at the Monza round of the championship, but with the right gearing 185mph should easily be in reach.

Ten Kate have boosted the power of the stock bike by over 30 per cent at the rear wheel while retaining the usability of the road bike with ample torque and power, and a smooth drive from 3000rpm to the redline.

The result is a user-friendly race bike which is only four seconds slower than Neil Hodgon’s 999 around Valencia.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Isn't Chris Perris the dude that caused the $200,000 debacle in one of the last AMA races this season?

I saw him throw it away last weekend at Willow. I also saw him light that CBR on fire in T19 at a Fastrack date in Fontana.

Ahhhh...to be young again.....!

Siglin, Perris, Perez.....great DNA for future stardom!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts