Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my F4i, had K & N air filter, PC III, full hindle exhaust and 520 -1/+2 (15/48). I bought an 05 600rr in tribal, it has K & N air filter, Akrapovic full exhaust, and 520 -1/+2 (15/45) and a power commander programmer on the way. Which brings me to my question, the bike just feels slow I know the internal gearing is different between the bikes but will the PC III make the RR feel a lot faster? or should I just go up -1/+3. I havent rode another 600 to compare it to but it just doesnt feel as fast as the f4i did.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Sold my F4i, had K & N air filter, PC III, full hindle exhaust and 520 -1/+2 (15/48). I bought an 05 600rr in tribal, it has K & N air filter, Akrapovic full exhaust, and 520 -1/+2 (15/45) and a power commander programmer on the way. Which brings me to my question, the bike just feels slow I know the internal gearing is different between the bikes but will the PC III make the RR feel a lot faster? or should I just go up -1/+3. I havent rode another 600 to compare it to but it just doesnt feel as fast as the f4i did.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm surprised you didn't notice the difference when you test rode it?
If you ride in a gear lower than you would have on your F4i does it feel faster?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the bike used, unfortunately everyone I went to when I was looking for a bike wouldnt let me test ride them so I relied on the shops to inspect them for me but would not allow me to determine if it felt quicker or not. Even in the higher RPM band it just feels slower. Riding in a lower gear is obviously faster.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I bought the bike used, unfortunately everyone I went to when I was looking for a bike wouldnt let me test ride them so I relied on the shops to inspect them for me but would not allow me to determine if it felt quicker or not. Even in the higher RPM band it just feels slower. Riding in a lower gear is obviously faster.

I wouldn't buy a bike I hadn't ridden.
If it feels faster in a lower gear that's almost the same effect as lowering your gearing so try that - or ride in a lower gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts