Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 95 CBR 900 RR. when I first bought it, it ran great through all the gears then I had a clutch cable issue that caused it to snap (common for the age) now when riding I shift in to 6th and it engages until I give it throttle (accel instead of maintain speed). Then it seems to disengage and grind then pops back in gear. If I keep trying this it lunges faster and just keeps going through the in & out process making the bike hop down the road. (I don’t use 6th anymore just tried for informational purposes.) What could be the cause? Also it seems sluggish in the higher gears (4&5).

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ok so I have a 95 CBR 900 RR. when I first bought it, it ran great through all the gears then I had a clutch cable issue that caused it to snap (common for the age) now when riding I shift in to 6th and it engages until I give it throttle (accel instead of maintain speed). Then it seems to disengage and grind then pops back in gear. If I keep trying this it lunges faster and just keeps going through the in & out process making the bike hop down the road. (I don’t use 6th anymore just tried for informational purposes.) What could be the cause? Also it seems sluggish in the higher gears (4&5).

Maybe the gears are missing some teeth or dogs?
Do you mean it feels sluggish in the higher gears at low rpm?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts