Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my trailer. Yeah, it's practically brand new. I've had it maybe 6 weeks. United Cargo 7x18 V-nose with ramp door and side access door. I installed 12 sets of 5000 lb. tie-down points and 4 sets of removable chocks. One of the chocks is a Baxley Sport chock and the other 3 are Pingels. They are set up to allow 4 bikes to be tied down pretty much behind the side access door, allowing you to get to the front 4+ feet for tools and stuff without climbing over the bikes. Also included is a brand new spare. Hitch is a 2 5/16" and uses a standard 7-pin connection. Dual axle, electric brakes. Will also throw in 2 sets of Cycle Cinches (like the Canyon Dancers, but better) and a set of Canyon Dancers, and like 8 tie-downs.

Pics can be seen in this thread and I will get a couple more added with the chocks installed and such as soon as I can get out there.

Price: $4000 and I will deliver within a reasonable distance.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
southpark460 said:
I will deliver within a reasonable distance.
Is Indy to Houston a reasonable distance? :eyebrows:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Purpdust said:
Man I want to get a trailer but I have to wait until August, The markets have just kicked the shit out of me :rant:

How far of a drive is Indy to Toronto?
I'm thinking 8 hours or so... Maybe a bit longer pulling a trailer.

·
Registered
690 Posts
bwhip said:
Anybody want to buy my 6 x 12 at Grattan so I can drive that baby home? I'll make you a great deal.

Make me such a great deal, that I can not say no...... and I will make the take that piece of crap of yours off your hands.

No in all seriousness, PM me with a price.... I am not in the market for a trailer, but if the price is right...

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
DEPO said:
Make me such a great deal, that I can not say no...... and I will make the take that piece of crap of yours off your hands.

No in all seriousness, PM me with a price.... I am not in the market for a trailer, but if the price is right...
:rotfl: wow I think $4K is that price. This is a huge trailer.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
sheepofblue said:
:rotfl: wow I think $4K is that price. This is a huge trailer.
Very nice trailer too; saw it this weekend. Wish I had the extra money. :crap:

It would be easy to convert the front half into camper if you never use more than 2 bikes. That is what a friend has done with his 24' (sized to put a dune buggy in the back) and never has to pay for hotels ... nice set-up.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Here's the info about my trailer if anyone is interested. If I can find a firm buyer wanting to pick it up at Grattan, I'll close the deal with Southpark460 and make the swap (I'll need a trailer to make the return trip).

It's actually a pretty nice one. I just bought it two months ago, but would like something a little bigger.

It's a custom built (built by Evans trailer in Vegas in 2001), white 6 x 12 enclosed, tall, ramp rear door, tandem axle for smoother ride and greater load capacity, side door, with spare tire. Tires are excellent. The entire floor and ramp are aluminum diamond plate, which gives great traction. I installed six d-ring hold-down connections in the floor, and used 16 gauge plate backing underneath the floor at the d-rings for added strength.

It does not require trailer brakes.

I also had the exterior professionally painted last month to protect against rust (solid white).

I can send you pictures if you'd like.

6 x 12 tandem axle trailers with ramp doors (without diamond plate floor, hold-downs, etc) are selling new around here for $3,500 - $3,800.

I'd let this one go for $2,300.00 (and will consider offers).

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
bwhip said:
Here's the info about my trailer if anyone is interested. If I can find a firm buyer wanting to pick it up at Grattan, I'll close the deal with Southpark460 and make the swap (I'll need a trailer to make the return trip).

It's actually a pretty nice one. I just bought it two months ago, but would like something a little bigger.

It's a custom built (built by Evans trailer in Vegas in 2001), white 6 x 12 enclosed, tall, ramp rear door, tandem axle for smoother ride and greater load capacity, side door, with spare tire. Tires are excellent. The entire floor and ramp are aluminum diamond plate, which gives great traction. I installed six d-ring hold-down connections in the floor, and used 16 gauge plate backing underneath the floor at the d-rings for added strength.

It does not require trailer brakes.

I also had the exterior professionally painted last month to protect against rust (solid white).

I can send you pictures if you'd like.

6 x 12 tandem axle trailers with ramp doors (without diamond plate floor, hold-downs, etc) are selling new around here for $3,500 - $3,800.

I'd let this one go for $2,300.00 (and will consider offers).

PM me if interested.
You do have 2 other options 'whip

A) Leave phobe in Michigan, put your bike in the back and go home.
or
B) Put your trailer inside of SP's

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
Whip: Better give 'Park a deposit before someone buys that puppy out from under you.
I would, but I can't exactly abandon my trailer in Michigan, and we're gonna need it between Butte and Belding. :smilebig:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.