Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me how to check my fuel cutoff relay?

i dont thinks its good but before i go order one i want to make sure this is the problem, ive put in a new fuel pump and cant get it to pump, when i check the voltage at the connector i get 11v but as i start the bike the volts drop off

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,651 Posts
When you say it won't pump what do you mean? These Honda pumps only "pump" once or so when the start button is thumbed, then carry on with calculated pumps once the bike is running. They don't "spray" or move fuel like they do when they are bench tested. I have a cut off relay on my 900, I'll check the manual in the AM.

Oh, and 11 volts would be considered a dead battery. 12.7 VDC is a fully charged battery.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,651 Posts
My manual gives no procedure to check the relay, just the wires in the main harness going into it. Black and ground should have battery voltage. Black/blue between pump and relay should have continuity. Blue/yellow between relay and ECU should have continuity. Yellow/blue between relay and ECU should have continuity. I doubt that you have the same color combinations, but that's all it says. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info,

the relay im working with is a 3 wire relay black wire is main power, blue wire is from the ignition coil/spark unit, white goes to the fuel pump.

what i seem to find is when the key is on i have power to the black and blue wires. and if i am reading the diagram right the relay only cuts out the pump when its not running.(i have not tested the voltages while the bike is running)

i found old reg. papers from 2008 so i assume that was the last time this bike saw the road :(

i included the diagram pics i read for my bike.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts