Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, My brother in law has an 85 Magna v30 that he let me borrow, and I accidentally popped the sight glass on the Clutch Master Cylinder. I called dealers and looked on the internet, and it looks like there's no real way to replace that glass. Thats the only problem with it, everything else works.

So, does anyone have any tips or tricks to fix it? He doesnt ride the bike that much, but I still need to fix it (I did this in October...) Any tips??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would if I could. However, master cylinder ass'ys have been discontinued. I already called a dealer and asked. They sent me to a junkyard, guy said he ever only saw 1 '85 magna v30 come through his junkyard- ever.

Would somethin from a similar year ('83-'87) fit? What about like a shadow assy or somethin like that?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I would if I could. However, master cylinder ass'ys have been discontinued. I already called a dealer and asked. They sent me to a junkyard, guy said he ever only saw 1 '85 magna v30 come through his junkyard- ever.

Would somethin from a similar year ('83-'87) fit? What about like a shadow assy or somethin like that?

You should be able to use anything, even a CBR1000RR one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i've got your answer..first..how much cash you wanna dish out to fix it ?....if your toally broke..i hope you got a dime ??..lol..with some grinding on a dimes edge..work it down to size..small enough to sit in the sight glass hole..then..with some jb weld..jb weld it in..problem solved ..now..if you wanna go all out..and fork out alittle more cash..go on ebay..search v30 sight glass repair..or something like that..you will see a complete repair kit to over haul a bikes master cylinder..brake cylinder..and all the screws..and best part..they all are stainless steel allen head screws..so yu'll never have to worry about rusted out..striped screws ever again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts