Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I was riding my 86 Magna last nite; generally the temp gauge stays at about the mid way point. On a long stretch of highway; the evening air got a little cool; I noticed the gauge would dive down to the cool side momentarily & then climb back up again. It would stay at the mid point for a minute then drop back down; stay down for a few seconds then climb again. The bike is still new to me; should I be concerned about the temp swing? Where to check; if it is a problem? Thermostat? Water pump? Any suggestions & input, would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi Guys,
I was riding my 86 Magna last nite; generally the temp gauge stays at about the mid way point. On a long stretch of highway; the evening air got a little cool; I noticed the gauge would dive down to the cool side momentarily & then climb back up again. It would stay at the mid point for a minute then drop back down; stay down for a few seconds then climb again. The bike is still new to me; should I be concerned about the temp swing? Where to check; if it is a problem? Thermostat? Water pump? Any suggestions & input, would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Probably just the thermostat opening and closing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts